Manofmusic Index du Forum

Manofmusic
Espace consacré à David Bowie et à la Culture sous toutes ses formes

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Bowie’s message to Rob Stringer at MW Awards

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Ven 25 Avr - 07:53 (2014)    Sujet du message: Bowie’s message to Rob Stringer at MW Awards Répondre en citant

24 APRIL 2014

Bowie’s message to Rob Stringer at MW Awards

“Now hear this Rob Stringer”

The Music Week Awards 2014 took place in London tonight. Columbia US chairman Rob Stringer picked up the prestigious Strat Award at the ceremony, and was congratulated by artists and executives from across the industry, including David Bowie who sent the following message.

When I first knocked on the door of his office at Sony, New York, you can imagine my surprise when a member of Daft Punk opened it. In silence he brought me in and indicated that I should take a seat on the comfy armchair to the right of the chairman’s desk, around which he moved and took his place in the chairman’s chair.
He removed the shiny helmet.
It was Rob.
‘This,' he said ‘is how far I will go for my artists.’ I found out that during the course of that day Rob had not only guested as an executive third Daft Punk member at a lunchtime gig at a club in Manhattan, but had also led a Dylanology symposium at Barneys clothing store, sung falsetto on a new London Grammar track and choreographed a touching interpretive dance number to One Direction’s ‘They Don't Know About Us’ for the cast of Glee.
Knowing him for the man he is, it came as no surprise that he had won tonight's most prestigious award, The Strat.
If you become the object of his enthusiasm an artist will find a genuine long-term support that is sadly missing in the recording industry.
When he asked me if I minded if he took a few Saturdays off from his duties as percussionist on my new album this year in order to catch the Luton Town football club fixtures, how could I refuse? It’s the least I could offer to the man who with his own hands pulled my album to number one throughout the world.
Congrats for The Strat, Rob. You’re a star.

David Bowie 2014

davidbowie.com

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven 25 Avr - 07:53 (2014)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Zouff

MessagePosté le: Ven 25 Avr - 12:02 (2014)    Sujet du message: Bowie’s message to Rob Stringer at MW Awards Répondre en citant

" on my new album this year" ohoh il sait faire monter la pression le bonhomme !

avcsar
Invité

MessagePosté le: Ven 25 Avr - 12:36 (2014)    Sujet du message: Bowie’s message to Rob Stringer at MW Awards Répondre en citant

-------

Dernière édition par avcsar le Lun 28 Déc - 14:07 (2015); édité 1 fois
lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Ven 25 Avr - 12:48 (2014)    Sujet du message: Bowie’s message to Rob Stringer at MW Awards Répondre en citant

by Tom Pakinkis
about 2 hours ago

David Bowie pays tribute to Rob Stringer at Music Week Awards 2014

David Bowie paid tribute to Columbia president Rob Stringer last night as the exec was handed the prestigious Strat at the Music Week Awards 2014.

In his message - which has been posted on his Facebook page as well as being read out at the awards ceremony itself - Bowie speaks of the multi-talented Stringer’s commitment to his artists and credits him with pulling his latest LP The Next Day to No.1 around the world.

Music Week

April 25, 2014 11:39

David Bowie hints at new album in awards ceremony message

The music legend suggests he is working on new material in a tongue-in-cheek tribute to Columbia US chairman

David Bowie has hinted that he is working on a new album in a tongue-in-cheek message of support to his record label boss.

The singer sent a message of congratulations to Columbia US chairman Rob Stringer, who picked up the Strat Award at the Music Week Awards in London last night (April 24).

In the message, Bowie says the record label boss answered the door to him wearing a Daft Punk helmet once, that he once sung falsetto on a London Grammar track and choreographed an "interpretive dance" to One Direction’s 'They Don't Know About Us' for the cast of Glee.

He added: "When he asked me if I minded if he took a few Saturdays off from his duties as percussionist on my new album this year in order to catch the Luton Town football club fixtures, how could I refuse? It’s the least I could offer to the man who with his own hands pulled my album to Number One throughout the world."

A spokesperson for David Bowie declined to comment, but it is likely that Bowie's message is playful. However, fans have been quick to speculate that this could mean the singer is working on a new album.

One Facebook user, ?Ethan Paquet, wrote, "Wait – does that confirm that Bowie has a new album coming out this year?!?" ?Rut Rut? meanwhile commented: "New album THIS YEAR? That's not 'The Next Day', people."

David Bowie released his last album 'The Next Day' in 2013. Earlier this year, the album's producer Tony Visconti revealed that that there are two or three "astounding" tracks left over from the sessions for the LP.

NME

Friday 25th April 2014 by Andrew Trendell

David Bowie makes surprise 'speech' at Music Week Awards

Thin White Duke issues statement for Rob Stringer

David Bowie made a surprise 'speech' by issuing a statement at the 2014 Music Week Awards in London last night (Thursday 24 February).

The elusive icon, who has made very few public appearances and done absolutely no press in recent years, made a statement in honour of Rob Stringer - the US Chairman of Columbia Records who picked the prestigious Strat Award.

Bowie famously did something similar at this year's BRIT Awards, when he asked Kate Moss to claim his prize and deliver a written speech, that controversially urged Scotland to avoid independence.

Gigwise

tom

MessagePosté le: Ven 25 Avr - 21:27 (2014)    Sujet du message: Bowie’s message to Rob Stringer at MW Awards Répondre en citant

avcsar a écrit:

Septembre/Octobre

Comment sais-tu cela ?

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Sam 26 Avr - 08:40 (2014)    Sujet du message: Bowie’s message to Rob Stringer at MW Awards Répondre en citant

David Bowie Jokes About a Potential New Album, Causes Speculation
Posted by Jeremy Thomas on 04.25.2014

Because that's how it works...

David Bowie shocked everyone by releasing his first album in ten years last year. And as it turned out, it was one of the best albums of 2013. Now he's sent fans on the internet into a tizzy by dropping a playful line about a new album coming up amidst a congratulatory message to Columbia US chairman Rob Stringer.

Bowie posted the a message to Facebook, which you can see below, congratulating Stringer for winning the Strat Award at the Music Week Awards in London on Thursday night. Bowie says in the message that Stringer answered the door to Bowie once in a Daft Punk helmet (thus the picture) and added, "When he asked me if I minded if he took a few Saturdays off from his duties as percussionist on my new album this year in order to catch the Luton Town football club fixtures, how could I refuse? It's the least I could offer to the man who with his own hands pulled my album to Number One throughout the world."

The "new album" part is likely a joke, though Bowie's reps refused comment. Bowie has been known to be coy about album releases; The Next Day was released without any warning or even an inkling that it was in the works. Still, you never know.

411mania

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 08:42 (2016)    Sujet du message: Bowie’s message to Rob Stringer at MW Awards

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation