Manofmusic Index du Forum

Manofmusic
Espace consacré à David Bowie et à la Culture sous toutes ses formes

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Visconti and Woodmansey to perform TMWSTW live
Aller à la page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  >

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mar 20 Mai - 08:13 (2014)    Sujet du message: Visconti and Woodmansey to perform TMWSTW live Répondre en citant

19 MAY 2014

Visconti and Woodmansey to perform TMWSTW live

“You're face to face, With The Man Who Sold The World”

Tickets are on sale now (http://smarturl.it/TMWSTWtix) for a very exciting event in London this September, when Tony Visconti and Woody Woodmansey perform David Bowie’s classic The Man Who Sold the World album with supergroup Holy Holy.
Keep reading for further details of this and Holy Holy’s debut 45 with a Bowie cover on the B-side, not to mention a few words from a clearly excited Tony and Woody regarding the event.

+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - +

Tony Visconti and Woody Woodmansey to perform David Bowie’s classic ‘The Man Who Sold the World’ album with Holy Holy

Legendary Bowie bandmates, producer/bass player Tony Visconti and drummer Woody Woodmansey, will play together for the first time since 1971 at the Garage in Highbury, London, on Wednesday 17 September, with a band of world class musicians that includes Steve Norman of Spandau Ballet and Glenn Gregory of Heaven 17.
On 22 February 1970 David Bowie took to the stage with The Hype to perform what is widely accepted to be the first Glam Rock performance.
The Hype represents a turning point in David Bowie’s career; a hugely significant step away from being a one-hit wonder – with 1969’s Space Oddity – to finding the formula for enduring success. The Hype, comprising John Cambridge on drums, Tony Visconti on bass and Mick Ronson on guitar was the progenitor of The Spiders from Mars; the band that made David Bowie and helped to define popular culture in the 1970s.
David Bowie’s seminal album The Man Who Sold the World, masterfully produced by Tony Visconti, was recorded in 1970 after The Hype’s performance at the Roundhouse, with the powerful drumming of Woody Woodmansey replacing John Cambridge.
The Man Who Sold the World is unusually sonically heavy and dystopian for a Bowie album; with lyrical themes including annihilation and a totalitarian machine. The sound combines riff-laden heavy rock with futurist synth sounds and Visconti’s innovative production techniques. The distinctive and robust guitar playing which contributed so much to the artistic success of this remarkable record was Mick Ronson, who sadly died in 1993. Mick’s daughter Lisa, his sister Maggi and niece Hannah will perform the album with Tony and Woody.
Tony Visconti on bass, and Woody Woodmansey on drums, will be joined by Woody’s stellar supergroup Holy Holy, at this gig, including:

Glenn Gregory (Heaven 17), vocals
    Steve Norman (Spandau Ballet), sax, guitar, percussion and vocals
    Erdal Kizilcay (David Bowie, Iggy Pop, Freddie Mercury), keyboards and vocals
    James Stevenson (Generation X, Scott Walker, Gene Loves Jezebel), guitar
    Paul Cuddeford (Ian Hunter, Bob Geldof), guitar
    Rod Melvin (Ian Dury, Brian Eno), piano
    Malcolm Doherty (Rumer), 12 string guitar and vocals
    Lisa Ronson (A Secret History), vocals
    Maggi Ronson, backing vocals and recorder
    Hannah Berridge Ronson, backing vocals, recorder and keyboards

Woody Woodmansey says:

“I’m genuinely excited about the Holy Holy gig at The Garage, Islington on Sept 17th.

The first set we’ll be playing is the whole of ‘The Man Who Sold The World’, which has never happened before, though we did do a couple of songs from the album during the Ziggy period. To perform that album with Tony Visconti who played bass on the album and also produced it will be amazing! It’s been a long time since we grooved together!
    For me it was the forerunner to the Ziggy and Aladdin Sane albums. I always thought the band ‘kicked like a mule’.

It’s also an honour to have such an array of world class musicians in the band, Steve Norman, Erdal Kizilcay, Glenn Gregory, James Stevenson, Paul Cuddeford, Rod Melvin and Malcolm Doherty, plus adding even more significance to the night will be Lisa and Maggi Ronson, and Hannah Berridge Ronson, on backing vocals. See you there…”

Tony Visconti says:

"One reason I'm looking forward to playing The Man Who Sold The World album in its entirety is because lots of people ask me if I still play bass. I do, but I've since rarely played anything as ambitious and demanding as the music of that great batch of songs conceived by David Bowie. With Woody Woodmansey and Mick Ronson, two of the finest musicians I've had the pleasure of recording and playing with, we set out to create something both new and classic, we called it our 'Sgt. Pepper.' David gave us a chance to bring our unique talents to the table and we made up our parts within David's framework. Mick forced me to listen to Jack Bruce, however, and told me 'that's what great bass playing was all about'. I got it, lead bass playing, as a guitarist this came natural to me. With David as our charismatic frontman we were 'Young Turks' determined to spin heads and change the world of music. Well, we sold about 20 copies instead. But over the years members of the public finally got it and eventually the album sold a million or two. A great homage to us was to hear Nirvana perform the title track unplugged in the 90s on an MTV special, note for note. I'm sure Bowie picked up some new fans afterwards although a lot of people still believe that Kurt Cobain wrote it.

So, do I still play bass? You bet I do, and Woody and I will slam, bam, riff and groove the night away."

Support will be from the exquisite singer/songwriter Gillian Glover and her band. Woody Woodmansey drummed on Gillian's debut album, Red Handed, released in 2007

Holy Holy will release their debut single on the day of this gig; ‘We Are King’, written by Steve Norman, backed with a cover version of Bowie’s ‘Holy Holy’.

The Garage, 20-22 Highbury Crescent, London N5 1RD

Twitter: @holyholybowie
Facebook: www.facebook.com/holyholybowie

Curated by Tom Wilcox
A Maniac Squat Records / Symptomatic Presents Production

Tickets on sale now: http://smarturl.it/TMWSTWtix

davidbowie.com

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 20 Mai - 08:13 (2014)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
tom

MessagePosté le: Mer 21 Mai - 13:05 (2014)    Sujet du message: Visconti and Woodmansey to perform TMWSTW live Répondre en citant

Ouah pas mal !

EYEIMAGINE

MessagePosté le: Jeu 22 Mai - 12:24 (2014)    Sujet du message: Visconti and Woodmansey to perform TMWSTW live Répondre en citant

Comment peut-on l'écouter ?

Visiter le site web du posteur
Domi

MessagePosté le: Sam 24 Mai - 07:50 (2014)    Sujet du message: Visconti and Woodmansey to perform TMWSTW live Répondre en citant

ah, j'irais bien...c'est un sacré batteur woody

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mer 4 Juin - 10:16 (2014)    Sujet du message: Holy Holy TMWSTW Sheffield date - Glen Gregory speaks Répondre en citant

23 MAY 2014

Holy Holy TMWSTW Sheffield date - Glen Gregory speaks

“Heaven 17 loves ya”

Due to very healthy ticket sales for their first crack at David Bowie’s 1970 opus, The Man Who Sold The World, we’re happy to exclusively announce a second Holy Holy performance of the album.
The extra gig will take place at the O2 Academy Sheffield, hometown of singer Glenn Gregory of Heaven 17, who is tasked with lead vocal at the shows.
It will be a proud homecoming for Gregory on Thursday 18th September. He first saw Bowie live at the University in Sheffield on February 18th 1972, only the fifth gig of the first Ziggy Stardust tour.
He had this to say about that and the upcoming shows in December...

“I think I was fourteen years old when I first saw David Bowie. It was at the University in Sheffield (my hometown) I had to make a fake student union card to get in. I’m still amazed by that gig to this day!
    And now here I am about to play a very special gig in my hometown where I will share a stage with some of those amazing Bowie musicians. It really is going to be a very special night.”

Benny Marshall will join his old 'Ronno' band mates, Woody Woodmansey and Tony Visconti, to play harmonica on The Jean Genie at both the dates.
Tickets go on sale at noon on Monday, May 26th, for the September 18 Sheffield show.
A few tickets remain for the first gig at the Garage in Highbury, London, on Wednesday 17 September.
See original story here.

davidbowie.com

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mer 4 Juin - 10:50 (2014)    Sujet du message: Holy Holy TMWSTW live - Two more dates added Répondre en citant

3 JUNE 2014

Holy Holy TMWSTW live - Two more dates added

“Although I wasn't there, he said I was his friend”

We are very pleased to be able to exclusively announce two further Holy Holy performances of David Bowie’s The Man Who Sold The World album in September.
Tony Visconti, Woody Woodmansey, Glenn Gregory and Steve Norman will now perform the classic Bowie album with Holy Holy and very special guests at two additional dates, on what is shaping up to be a bit of a mini-tour.
The extra shows are at ABC Glasgow, on Saturday 20th September and Shepherd’s Bush Empire, on Monday 22nd September and priority pre-sales start at 9:00am on Wednesday morning (June 4th).

Tony Visconti is hoping for a more comfortable time for what will be his second visit to the Scottish city:

“As for Glasgow, I've only been there once before - in one room with David, Mick, Woody and Roger the Roadie, and we spent the cold winter's night sleeping fully dressed with our coats and boots on. The three bar electric heater did f*** all! It will be nice to see the city under more pleasant circumstances”.

And Steve Norman had this to say:

"Being a childhood fan of Bowie and The Spiders From Mars, I know that Woody Woodmansey and Tony Visconti reuniting for the first time in over 40 years is something very special, but I never imagined it would become such a hot ticket. It seems only fitting that they perform together at such an iconic venue as the Shepherds Bush Empire."

Tony Visconti on bass, and Woody Woodmansey on drums, will be joined by Woody’s stellar supergroup Holy Holy, for these shows including:

Glenn Gregory (Heaven 17), vocals
    Steve Norman (Spandau Ballet), sax, guitar, percussion and vocals
    Erdal Kizilcay (David Bowie, Iggy Pop, Freddie Mercury), keyboards and vocals
    James Stevenson (The Cult, Generation X, Scott Walker, Gene Loves Jezebel), guitar
    Paul Cuddeford (Ian Hunter, Bob Geldof), guitar
    Malcolm Doherty, 12 string guitar and vocals
    Hannah Berridge Ronson, backing vocals and keyboards
    Lisa Ronson, backing vocals
    Maggi Ronson, backing vocals

The following supports have also been added:

Sheffield - Morgan Visconti
    Glasgow - Morgan Visconti
    Shepherd's Bush - Morgan Visconti + Philip Rambow

Morgan Visconti is a multi-instrumentalist, composer, songwriter and singer as well as a recording engineer and arranger. He released his debut album, Ride, in May - 'A mix of melodic acoustica and electro-pop with echoes of his early influences...' - Societe Perrier. Morgan lives in Brooklyn where he has been playing shows and is currently working on releasing a second single from the album.
Philip Rambow (Mick Ronson and Brian Eno collaborator) will be in addition to Morgan at Shepherd's Bush.

The September 17 London show at The Garage is now SOLD OUT! However, there are some tickets left for September 18 in Sheffield.

Holy Holy will release their debut single, ‘We Are King’, written by Steve Norman, backed by a cover of Holy Holy on 17 September.

See the original news story here, with more from Tony and Woody.

Twitter: @holyholybowie - Facebook: www.facebook.com/holyholybowie

davidbowie.com

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Ven 6 Juin - 08:20 (2014)    Sujet du message: Visconti and Woodmansey to perform TMWSTW live Répondre en citant

6 JUNE 2014

TV and Woody talk TMWSTW at the ICA

“We had a friend, a talking man...”

Ahead of their performances of David Bowie’s The Man Who Sold The World album with Holy Holy in September, Tony Visconti and Woody Woodmansey will discuss the making of the record at the ICA in London on September 16th.

Check out the ICA website for tickets and further information: http://smarturl.it/ICAWoodyTV

Meanwhile, for those that haven't already bought presales, the Glasgow and final London shows go on general sale tomorrow morning (Friday June 6) at 9:00am. See links below.

September 17 London - SOLD OUT!
September 18 Sheffield - Some tickets left: http://smarturl.it/SheffieldTMWSTWtix
September 20 Glasgow - General sale (Friday 9am) www.ticketweb.co.uk/event/SDH2009
September 22 London - General sale (Friday 9am) www.ticketweb.co.uk/event/IEH2209

David Bowie (Official)

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mer 2 Juil - 15:25 (2014)    Sujet du message: Marc Almond on Bowie, TV and joining Holy Holy Répondre en citant

2 JULY 2014

Marc Almond on Bowie, TV and joining Holy Holy

“Oh by jingo”

The enigma that is Marc Almond has been added to the bill for Tony Visconti and Holy Holy’s performance of The Man Who Sold The World at London’s Shepherd’s Bush Empire on September 22nd.
He will sing After All in the first part of the show and he’ll also duet with Glenn Gregory on Watch That Man for the second part of the evening.
We approached Marc with a few questions regarding his appreciation of all things Bowie and how he found working with Tony Visconti on his excellent new album, The Dancing Marquis. (Marc is pictured with Tony here)
He very kindly obliged and here follows that short Q&A.

Was your first introduction to Bowie via Starman or were you aware of him before that?

I first read about Bowie, before I’d really heard him. Articles, interviews, mentions and photos in the music press of the early 70s. So I became a fan before I’d even heard a note. Of course I knew Space Oddity and had seen him perform it on Top Of The Pops but I never really associated that David Bowie with the one I was reading about at that time. It was around the time of The Man Who Sold The World and Hunky Dory that he really started to strike a chord. I remember very well the first time I saw a photo of the famous album cover of TMWSTW of him in what looked like a dress. It was the most daring and alluring thing I’d seen from a singer. I heard his sessions on John Peel and was transfixed by his voice, sound and lyrics. He was unlike anything else. The first album I was able to buy was Ziggy Stardust, as it coincided with me having some money of my own. Before then I could only afford singles occasionally. After that I bought everything he had made previously and thereafter.

You first saw Bowie live in 1973. You have recalled that you were attacked on the way to that gig because of the way you looked. Can you remember what you wore and what happened at the gig?

I saw Bowie live at the Liverpool Empire in 1973 (Sunday June 10). I have told this story on a few occasions. On the train on the way to see him, I got beaten up for dressing up with my friends in glitter and makeup. I was hit over the head with a bottle. I wasn't hurt seriously but I was bleeding. I refused to let it stop me from enjoying the show. I climbed over seats and pushed my way to the front of the stage. Bowie had the circle on his forehead and the Japanese inspired costumes including the one with one arm and one leg. He looked otherworldly, incredible. As he sang Rock ’N’ Roll Suicide I reached up my hand, blood, makeup and glitter were running down my face. He reached down to touch the outstretched hands of fans and took my hand, “Give me your hand”. I've always said that it was a Glam Rock epiphany. It was one of the most magical things that has happened to me. I've seen many Bowie shows since but that one will always be extra special.

Were Bowie's versions of My Death and Amsterdam your introduction to Jacques Brel?

It was hearing Bowie's versions of Brel that really turned me onto Brel in a big way. When I turned over Bowie’s single Sorrow and played Amsterdam on the B-side, it really was a seminal influential moment. I had been aware of Brel through hearing Scott Walker and Alex Harvey but it was Bowie who really sanctioned Brel as being very cool. Bowie opened up a whole world to me. When Bowie mentioned a Singer or a Writer or Artist I had to check them out and they would become a big part of my cultural sphere. Genet, Lou Reed, Lindsay Kemp. Iggy Pop, Brel and many more. When Bowie recorded Pin Ups, all the artists he covered were instantly cool. His influence on Pop Culture was and is enormous. I’m sure it was the same for many musicians of my generation. Bowie taught me what my teachers at school couldn’t.

You've released a live version of Rock ‘N’ Roll Suicide and an affectionately faithful version of The London Boys (produced and arranged by Tris Penna). Are there any other Bowie tracks you have recorded or play live?

Rock ’N’ Roll Suicide I sometimes do in acoustic shows. London Boys has always been a favourite song of mine and my version on Stardom Road is quite faithful to the original arrangements because I love them so much. In my version I sing from a different view point, thinking of a 1970s documentary called Johnny Go Home (a film about Rent Boys in London’s Piccadilly), and my own experiences of coming to London for the first time, “the first time that you tried a pill”...club experiences, loneliness, trying to be someone. I did get a message through other people that David did approve of my version which I hope was true. I sometimes perform John, I’m Only Dancing in my live shows.

You were obviously aware of Tony Visconti’s extraordinary production skills via Marc Bolan and T Rex. But when did you first realise he had produced Bowie too?

Of course Tony Visconti was originally well known to me as the less visible though important member of T.Rex and Tyrannosaurus Rex, as his production credit was on all the records. But it was through The Man Who Sold The World, the 1972 re-issue, that I first became aware of him as Bowie's producer too. After that Space Oddity. Tony, I felt, must be the World's greatest producer as he was behind the records of my favourite Artists.

How important an album was TMWSTW to you at the time?

Though I loved Ziggy Stardust and Aladdin Sane and all the Bowie records I first bought, TMWSTW was my favourite. It was darker, the lyrics more intriguing, mystical, and I loved that. I hated the cover of the re-issue and as soon as I was able to get an album with the original cover, I did. The arrangements are wonderful, textured, early synth and Mellotron sounds and what sounds like a Clavioline on After All. Mick Ronson’s guitar shines particularly on Width Of A Circle. It was one of my favourite live numbers, Bowie and Ronson duelling in strobe light and the infamous guitar fellatio. My favourite tracks on TMWSTW are Width Of A Circle, After All and The Supermen.

What did you think of the David Bowie is exhibition at the V&A?

The exhibition was overwhelming and left me with many mixed emotions and feelings. On one hand seeing the costumes from the shows was like greeting old friends after a long time. But, in another sense it was like saying goodbye to them forever. The costumes of course were always going to look better in my memory, under stage lights and filled out by the Artist himself. In some ways it felt like the death of part of myself and definitely my Teenage Years. I remember talking to Tony Visconti (who was the prize exhibit in the exhibition) as he looked fascinated into a glass case at some lyrics he'd last seen in a studio many years back. It was a fabulous, fascinating, poignant and oddly sad experience. I told Tony afterwards that I had gone home and cried for the loss of myself. Where a performing music artist is concerned, only a Bowie Exhibition could evoke those strong emotions. The opening of the exhibition was odd anyway, everybody was so busy being ’on’ that it was too edgy, many of us that had grown up with Bowie probably feeling the same feeling of being overwhelmed. I went back on a later date where i could spend more time and luxuriate.

You're teaming up with Tony Visconti and Holy Holy for the Shepherd's Bush show to sing After All. How did you decide on that particular song?

Tony V and Tom Wilcox chose After All for me to sing at the show. They could see what they felt would suit my voice and they were right, it’s one of my favourites from the album.

Tony worked on some of the songs for your latest album, The Dancing Marquis, including the delicious Burn Bright which was released as a single last year. How did those sessions go generally?

The sessions for The Dancing Marquis were some of the most fun and exciting sessions I’d done in a long time. Tony ignited my love for making some Pop Music again. The music that Tony produced has been some of the most important and influential music in my life and to finally work with him completed the circle for me. As well as producing the songs The Dancing Marquis and Burn Bright, Tony also arranged and recorded strings and mixed for me The Death Of A Dandy and Tasmanian Tiger. It was a thrill for me to have Tony bring some of his recording secrets and trademarks to the sessions. These songs will be up there with the songs I’m most proud of in my career as a recording Artist.

Thanks again Marc, we look forward to seeing you on September 22nd.

Keep an eye on the Holy Holy FB page for updates on the tour and get your tickets for Shepherd's Bush before you no longer can,

davidbowie.com

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mer 30 Juil - 22:41 (2014)    Sujet du message: Guinness and Armstrong for Garage gig Répondre en citant

30 JULY 2014

Guinness and Armstrong for Garage gig

“That rock 'n' roll lady takes a space-ship ride...”

Daphne Guinness and Kevin Armstrong will be guests of Tony Visconti and Woody Woodmansey for the Holy Holy show at The Garage in London on September 17.

Daphne is an artist, actress, model, designer and singer who has recently recorded with Tony, though Bowie fans may be more familiar with her beautiful face via a photoshoot she did for Vogue Germany (January 2012), which included striking Bowie-flavoured recreations from Aladdin Sane through TJ Newton. (http://smarturl.it/DaphneBowieVogue)

Guitarist Kevin Armstrong worked with David Bowie from 1985-1995 including on Absolute Beginners, the Tin Machine I album and attendant tour, on 1. Outside – co-writing the title track with Bowie – and also as musical director at Live Aid and the Bowie/Jagger version of Dancing In The Street.

Kevin will be reunited on stage with Erdal Kizilcay at The Garage; Kevin and Erdal recorded together with David Bowie on Iggy Pop’s 1986 Blah Blah Blah album. The pair also performed the 1988 version of Look Back In Anger live with David Bowie and Reeves Gabrels at the Dominion Theatre in July 1988, as part of the Intruders At The Palace benefit concert for the ICA.

There will be a further surprise guest appearance at the Garage.

John ‘Hutch’ Hutchinson has been added as a support act at Holy Holy’s O2 Sheffield Academy gig on September 18. Hutch played with David Bowie on and off between 1966 and 1973, ending with shows during the 1973 Aladdin Sane tour.

For those that haven't bought tickets already, the Holy Holy tour dates are:

Talk
Tony Visconti and Woody Woodmansey: The Making of David Bowie’s The Man Who Sold The World
September 16 ICA London - http://smarturl.it/TVandWWtalkICA

Gigs
September 17 London - SOLD OUT!
September 18 Sheffield - http://smarturl.it/SheffieldTMWSTWtix
September 20 Glasgow - http://smarturl.it/GlasgowTMWSTWtix
September 22 London, with Marc Almond - http://smarturl.it/London2TMWSTWtix

Holy Holy will release their debut limited edition double A side picture disc single on September 15: We Are King / Holy Holy, via Maniac Squat Records.

David Bowie (Official)

tom

MessagePosté le: Jeu 31 Juil - 08:35 (2014)    Sujet du message: Visconti and Woodmansey to perform TMWSTW live Répondre en citant

Et bé...
L'entreprise Bowie fait bosser du monde au delà de l'activité de l'artiste !

Jack Sikora

MessagePosté le: Jeu 31 Juil - 09:50 (2014)    Sujet du message: Visconti and Woodmansey to perform TMWSTW live Répondre en citant

"Holy Holy will release their debut limited edition double A side picture disc single on September 15: We Are King / Holy Holy, via Maniac Squat Records."

Il a aussi relancé l'industrie du picture disc... Wink

Jack Sikora

MessagePosté le: Jeu 31 Juil - 10:02 (2014)    Sujet du message: Visconti and Woodmansey to perform TMWSTW live Répondre en citant

Glenn Gregory singing All The Madmen by David Bowie preparing for Holy Holy gigs
vidéo postée par Lisa Ronson

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Ven 1 Aoû - 08:49 (2014)    Sujet du message: Extra dates for Holy Holy's December tour Répondre en citant

1 AUGUST 2014

Extra dates for Holy Holy's December tour

“Norwich and maybe Hull - I'm waiting...”

Hull and Norwich dates have been added to Holy Holy with Woody Woodmansey and Steve Norman's (both pictured) December 2014 tour.

This tour is not to be confused with Holy Holy’s September The Man Who Sold The World Tour with Tony Visconti.

Woody Woodmansey will be back in Hull on 23 December 2014 with his supergroup Holy Holy to play David Bowie’s songs from 1969-73 at The Welly.

Spiders From Mars Mick Ronson and Trevor Bolder - both now sadly deceased - were famously from Hull, and Woodmansey is from nearby Driffield. Woody returns to play in his native East Riding for the first time for many years.

Woody had this to say about the gig: “Really looking forward to bringing Holy Holy to the UK City of Culture 2017... So long since I've played there. Hull audiences were always good to us, from The Rats through to The Spiders. And The Welly is close to where I used to live. Hull, Holy Holy and Xmas - should be a great night.”

The support at this gig will be John 'Hutch' Hutchinson. Hutch was David Bowie’s musical collaborator, accompanying musician and side-man, from The Buzz in 1966 to Feathers to Bowie & Hutch in 1968, and again on the Aladdin Sane Tour of 1973. Hutch is still playing his original songs, vintage jazz and blues at regular gigs in York, Scarborough and The East Yorkshire Wolds.

Tickets for The Welly on 23 December: http://www.wegottickets.com/event/279818

Holy Holy with Woody Woodmansey and Steve Norman have also added Norwich Arts Centre to their tour with a gig there on Saturday 20 December.

Tickets: http://norwichartscentre.co.uk/events/holy-holy-with-woody-woodmansey/

The support act at this gig will be Maggi Ronson, sister of and singer with the late and great Mick Ronson, accompanied by Colin Lloyd Tucker, the Kate Bush and The The collaborator. DJ duties will be handled by saxophone playing/multi-instrumentalist Terry Edwards of Gallon Drunk, The Blockheads and early 80’s Norwich band The Higsons.

As we have previously announced, Holy Holy are playing three gigs at the Lexington in London in December 2014:

21st (doors 3pm - children welcome): http://www.wegottickets.com/event/261551
21st (doors 8pm): http://www.wegottickets.com/event/261552
22nd (doors 8pm): http://www.wegottickets.com/event/261556

Holy Holy's line-up for these gigs is likely to include:
Woody Woodmansery (David Bowie, The Rats), drums
Steve Norman (Spandau Ballet), saxophone, guitar, percussion and vocals
Erdal Kizilcay (David Bowie, Iggy Pop), bass and vocals
James Stevenson (Scott Walker, Generation X, The Cult), guitar
Paul Cuddeford (Bob Geldof, Ian Hunter), guitar
Malcolm Doherty (Rumer), rhythm guitar and vocals
Lisa Ronson (A Secret History), vocals
Maggi Ronson (Mick Ronson), vocals and recorder
Hannah Berridge Ronson, vocals, keyboards, percussion and recorder
Plus special guests

A Tom Wilcox / Maniac Squat Records Production

David Bowie (Official)

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Ven 1 Aoû - 18:26 (2014)    Sujet du message: The Spiders From Mars Répondre en citant

The Spiders From Mars

Johnnie Walker celebrates the decade of the Faces, Fleetwood Mac and Focus.

This week he's joined in conversation by Woody Woodmansey, drummer for David Bowie in the seventies. Part of the Spiders From Mars, he also performed on the albums Aladdin Sane and Hunky Dory. He's now teamed up with Bowie's legendary producer Tony Visconti to perform the album The Man Who Sold The World on tour in the UK, the first time they've performed together since 1971. Together with Johnnie, Woody will cover how he's approached performing the album live for the first time and the influence it had on Bowie's glittering seventies career.

Also on the show, Johnnie will revisit a moment from the decade courtesy of the BBC archive and another classic seven-inch single will be added into Johnnie's Jukebox.

BBC Radio 2

Sun 3 Aug 2014
15:00
BBC Radio 2

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Dim 3 Aoû - 19:43 (2014)    Sujet du message: Visconti and Woodmansey to perform TMWSTW live Répondre en citant

lunamagic a écrit:
The Spiders From Mars

En écoute ici pendant 7 jours.

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 09:37 (2016)    Sujet du message: Visconti and Woodmansey to perform TMWSTW live

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  >
Page 1 sur 5

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation