Manofmusic Index du Forum

Manofmusic
Espace consacré à David Bowie et à la Culture sous toutes ses formes

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Nothing Has Changed collection features new Bowie track
Aller à la page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  >

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Ven 21 Nov - 09:38 (2014)    Sujet du message: Nothing Has Changed collection features new Bowie track Répondre en citant

Denis974 a écrit:
T'es quand même d'accord sur le fait qu'une nouvelle version d'un titre, ce n'est pas un nouveau titre en soi ? 

Oui, d'accord sur ce point.

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven 21 Nov - 09:38 (2014)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Jack Sikora

MessagePosté le: Ven 21 Nov - 10:10 (2014)    Sujet du message: Nothing Has Changed collection features new Bowie track Répondre en citant

Dans le fond, j'imagine bien une discussion de ce genre entre Bowie et sa maison de disque à l'époque lorsqu'il a du leur présenter ses vieilles nouvelles chansons... Laughing

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Ven 21 Nov - 10:19 (2014)    Sujet du message: Nothing Has Changed collection features new Bowie track Répondre en citant

Jack Sikora a écrit:
...ses vieilles nouvelles chansons... Laughing

Ou ses nouvelles vieilles chansons, c'est selon !

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Ven 21 Nov - 12:33 (2014)    Sujet du message: Nothing Has Changed collection features new Bowie track Répondre en citant

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Dim 23 Nov - 22:04 (2014)    Sujet du message: Nothing Has Changed enters UK Album Chart Top Ten Répondre en citant

23 NOVEMBER 2014

Nothing Has Changed enters UK Album Chart Top Ten

“Wham Bam thank you fans!“

Congratulations to David Bowie on the arrival at #9 on the Official UK Album Chart of Nothing Has Changed - The Very Best of David Bowie.
And a very appreciative thankyou is also due to all of you reading this that helped put it there.
If you want to contribute to the album’s continued success, go here for buy links.
Official UK Album Chart

#NothingHasChanged

davidbowie.com

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 24 Nov - 19:51 (2014)    Sujet du message: Nothing Has Changed collection features new Bowie track Répondre en citant

23 NOVEMBER 2014

Gerry Leonard Bowie Interview on the Dave Fanning show RTE Radio 2
Posted on November 20, 2014

Hi Everyone,

Well I guess it is Bowie season again with the release of “Nothing Has Changed” the new compilation of 59 songs from the last 50 years. Kind of amazing really.

Gosh I think I am on a bunch of these songs including the rerecording of “Shadow Man” which I have not heard the mix of maybe ever … I know I played on a version of it because I still have the preset stored in my guitar rig ! Keep those presets, you never know …

Anyhow it was my pleasure to jump on the phone last weekend with the legendary music presenter Dave Fanning from Irish Radio for an interview about my work with David over the years. Dave is the fastest talker I know and it was all I could do to keep up with him, given that the call for me was at 8 am NYC time after a late night gig for me the night before… but I did my best.

You can listen here at this link to the pod cast. Spin on to 1:09 (one hour nine minutes) to hear my interview, and keep listening to hear a great exchange with David and Dave from past interviews.

http://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=1%3A10342540%3A1031%3A15%2D11%2D2014%3A&type=radio

Gerry Leonard

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mer 26 Nov - 12:32 (2014)    Sujet du message: Nothing Has Changed online trailer part two Répondre en citant

26 NOVEMBER 2014

Nothing Has Changed online trailer part two

“I ran to the window, looked for a trailer or two...“

Those Parlophone types have posted the second in a series of short trailers they have created for Nothing Has Changed.

Go here http://smarturl.it/NHCtrailerPART2 to view part 2, which, as you’ve probably guessed, represents CD2 of the 3 disc set.

Go here http://smarturl.it/NHCtrailerPART1 for part 1, which we posted last week.

Order the Top Ten Album, Nothing Has Changed, here:
3CD http://smarturl.it/BowieNHC3CD
2CD http://smarturl.it/BowieNHC2CD
Digital http://smarturl.it/BowieNHC3digital
Vinyl: http://smarturl.it/BowieNHCLP

David Bowie (Official)

zanedog

MessagePosté le: Mer 26 Nov - 17:00 (2014)    Sujet du message: Nothing Has Changed collection features new Bowie track Répondre en citant

Bonjour,

j'ai acheté les vinyl (maxi et double LP), mais je me demandais si les versions et les inédits : ex  Toy) offraient vraiment quelquechose de plus ?

Jack Sikora

MessagePosté le: Mer 26 Nov - 19:07 (2014)    Sujet du message: Nothing Has Changed collection features new Bowie track Répondre en citant

Pas vraiment même si j'apprécie de réécouter certains titres déjà présents sur différents singles. Sur le cd1 principalement, ainsi que le mix 2010 de wild is the wind que je n'avais pas et qui sonne assez différemment, je trouve.

zanedog

MessagePosté le: Jeu 27 Nov - 07:11 (2014)    Sujet du message: Nothing Has Changed collection features new Bowie track Répondre en citant

Le lien vers la pub TV ....L'intégration de la video dans mon message n'a pas fonctionné !

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Jeu 27 Nov - 09:01 (2014)    Sujet du message: Nothing Has Changed collection features new Bowie track Répondre en citant

zanedog a écrit:
....L'intégration de la video dans mon message n'a pas fonctionné !

Mais si ! Wink

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Ven 28 Nov - 22:24 (2014)    Sujet du message: NHC at #1 on Official UK Vinyl Album Chart Répondre en citant

28 NOVEMBER 2014

NHC at #1 on Official UK Vinyl Album Chart

“You got me spinning, baby“

David Bowie fans in the UK created the perfect thanksgiving gift for their man yesterday, with the news from the British Phonographic Industry (BPI) that Nothing has changed - The Very Best of David Bowie is at #1 on the Official UK Vinyl Album Chart.
Here’s a bit from the BPI press release:

“The best-selling vinyl album of the year to date is ‘AM’ by Arctic Monkeys, although the current Official Vinyl Chart No.1 for this landmark week is, perhaps fittingly, the David Bowie best of – ‘Nothing Has Changed’, just ahead of Pink Floyd’s first album in 20 years, ‘The Endless River’“.
    The BPI’s Gennaro Castaldo also commented: “We have entered an exciting best-of-all-worlds era where there is space and scope for all kinds of music to be discovered and enjoyed in every type of way, including on vinyl once again. Many of us assumed it had become an obsolete format, but while the flame may have flickered, it never quite went out, and we are now seeing a burgeoning resurgence in demand that is likely to keep vinyl on our high streets for many more years to come.”

Official Vinyl Albums Chart

01 NOTHING HAS CHANGED - THE VERY BEST OF - DAVID BOWIE
    02 THE ENDLESS RIVER - PINK FLOYD
    03 SONIC HIGHWAYS - FOO FIGHTERS
    04 AVONMORE - BRYAN FERRY
    05 FOUR SYMBOLS - LED ZEPPELIN
    06 SUN RESTRUCTURED - TEMPLES
    07 X - ED SHEERAN
    08 ABATTOIR BLUES/THE LYRE OF ORPHEUS - NICK CAVE & THE BAD SEEDS
    09 AQUOSTIC - STRIPPED BARE - STATUS QUO
    10 WHAT'S THE STORY MORNING GLORY - OASIS
    Source: Official Charts Company

Read a report on Billboard.com headed; Vinyl sales continue their ascent, thanks to assists from David Bowie and Pink Floyd, here.
Nothing has changed - The Very Best of David Bowie is also at #3 in the Official UK Record Store Albums Top 40, the chart compiled from sales of all formats sold at independent record stores in the UK.

For those of you still wanting to buy either the single, Sue (Or In A Season Of Crime), or Nothing has changed, or both, go here for buy links and to view the video for Sue.

#NothingHasChanged

davidbowie.com

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mar 2 Déc - 18:10 (2014)    Sujet du message: Nothing Has Changed online trailer part three Répondre en citant

2 DECEMBER 2014

Nothing Has Changed online trailer part three

“The third and the last are telling it all“

Parlophone have posted the third and final trailer in a series of shorts they created for Nothing Has Changed.
Go here to view part 3, which, as you’ve probably guessed, represents CD3 of the NHC 3 disc set.

Go here for part 1.
Go here for part 2.

Order the Top Ten Album, Nothing Has Changed, here:
3CD http://smarturl.it/BowieNHC3CD
2CD http://smarturl.it/BowieNHC2CD
Digital http://smarturl.it/BowieNHC3digital
Vinyl: http://smarturl.it/BowieNHCLP

davidbowie.com

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mar 9 Déc - 09:07 (2014)    Sujet du message: Nine out of Ten for NHC in Classic Rock Mag Répondre en citant

8 DECEMBER 2014

Nine out of Ten for NHC in Classic Rock Mag

“Classic Rock ’n’ roll star, Just watch me now“

The January 2015 issue of Classic Rock magazine has a two-page, nine out of ten review of Nothing Has Changed - The Very Best Of Bowie. (An album which still resides in the UK Top 40)
The review is by David Quantick and here’s an excerpt:

[list]“But the real fun lies in the triple CD, the one with the very forbidding, more recent photo of Bowie looking through a glass darkly. The most striking thing about this collection – apart from the fact that it has 60 songs on it – is that the running order is in reverse, beginning with Sue (Or In A Season Of Crime) and ending with Liza Jane, Bowie's debut single as Davy Jones And The King Bees, from 1964.

Fifty years, then, going backwards in a spiral like a Tardis of pop. It's a risky device – it puts the listener into a head-spin – but here it works. It gives proper prominence to the past 20 years of Bowie's career, from his return with The Next Day to the chunky rock of Reality and the stately brilliance of Heathen.“[list]

The January 2015 issue of Classic Rock is out now.
Reviewer David Quantick is the same DQ who will be interviewing Woody Woodmansey this coming Sunday (14th) that we told you about recently. A recap never harmed anybody…
Woody will also be doing a talk on David Bowie’s lesser known songs in the 1970-73 era at The Hospital Club on Sunday 14 December at 4pm. Woody will be talking to music journalist and writer David Quantick; shining a light on the stories behind Bowie’s outtakes, obscure album tracks and demos from that period:

davidbowie.com

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mer 10 Déc - 12:32 (2014)    Sujet du message: Nothing Has Changed collection features new Bowie track Répondre en citant

David Bowie: Nothing Has Changed
By Evan Sawdey 10 December 2014
PopMatters Interviews Editor

Back in 2002, EMI decided to release the definitive go-to David Bowie compilation. But, David Bowie being who he is, the label went about defining the legacy of one of rock music's most seminal artists in the most peculiar of ways.

In short, if you bought The Best of Bowie, check the top left corner of the CD inlay and see what flag is represented there, as that will define what track list you got. Given that Bowie has had international hits for decades upon decades, EMI released no less than 12 different versions of The Best of Bowie, making specialty tracklists for the US/Canada, the UK, Belgium, Hong Kong, Mexico, and so forth, each one laser-focusing on the songs that were hits in that specific region. Some versions were single-disc, some were double, Hong Kong's was triple (that third disc mainly focused on dance remixes). Following previous compilation high-points Changesonebowie (from 1976) and 1989's iconic Sound + Vision, it appeared that, for the most part, Bowie's legacy was now well-defined. The Best of Bowie only missed cuts from 2003's Reality, but, let's be honest, no one's shedding glitter-specked tears over that.

Yet Bowie took everyone by surprise with the release of 2013's surprisingly divisive The Next Day, and now, just in time for the 2014 holiday season, comes one of the most curious compilations to emerge in some time: the triple-disc retrospective called Nothing Has Changed. Roughly the price of a single CD, Nothing Has Changed is a bold slice of career revisionism: it has all the hits, but also has new material, including the seven-minute, jazz-accented single "Sue (Or in a Season of Crime)". It has a lot of gimmes for casual fans exploring Bowie for the first time—bunches of radio edits and single versions, along with the Pet Shop Boys remix of "Hallo Spaceboy"—but it contains some genuine rarities to boot. These perks range from the hard-to-find version of "All the Young Dudes" Bowie recorded prior to Mott the Hoople turned it into a hit all the way to his absolute earliest release "Liza Jane", a 1964 single credited to Davie Jones and the King Bees. In short, there is something for everyone here.

While there does exist a two-disc version of Nothing Has Changed—which is in chronological order and emphasizes all the big hits, running from "Space Oddity" to "Sue"—the reverse-chronological nature of the three-disc version makes for a fascinating aural experience, as by starting with songs like the hazy Berlin remembrance "Where Are We Now?" and James Murphy's incredible remix to "Love is Lost" (which takes a small room full of applause and turns the clapping into a looping percussive beat), a Bowie neophyte can really get a sense of the the man's out-there weirdness very early on, as the first disc contains no "easy hits". The warm synth workout of "Thursday's Child", the confused Trent Reznor collaboration "I'm Afraid of Americans", and the drum-n-bass techno workout "Little Wonder" all give us the boundary-pushing (and, at times, trend-chasing) nature of Bowie's latter-day whims and impulses. His status as one of rock's elder statesmen allows him a breadth of freedom that results in some fascinating works as well some notable failures. Even more incredible? The fact that "Let Me Sleep Beside You" and "Your Turn to Drive" from the rare Toy sessions also make their way onto this first serving—although, one may argue, their inclusion comes at a bit of a price.

The second disc (Middle Bowie?) features a bevy of hits, ranging from all the big stunners from 1983's Let's Dance to, ahem, "Dancing in the Street" with Mick Jagger. Some may snipe over a couple of fan-favorite exclusions, such as that infamous Bing Crosby Christmas duet, the Tarantino-revivied "Cat People (Putting Out Fire)", and the Labyrinth soundtrack cut "Underground". However, "Loving the Alien", "Blue Jean", "Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps)", "Under Pressure" with Queen, and "Ashes to Ashes" all show up.

If any real criticism can be levied against this disc, it's that when taking in that mixture of chart successes versus fan favorites, it's damn near disappointing to find that when regarding "The Berlin Trilogy", only one cut apiece is culled from those three seminal albums. "Sound and Vision" from Low, the title track from "Heroes", and "Boys Keep Swinging" from Lodger. While no one will argue against the notion that those LPs weren't always the most accessible of Bowie's works, having the luxury of three entire discs of space and a lead-off single that's a seven-minute jazz exercise, the lack of deeper cuts like "Always Crashing in the Same Car" from Low—which, arguably, is a more telling indication of Bowie's personality than the rare cuts from Toy are—is ultimately a bit of a disappointment, minor a quibble as it may be.

As for Nothing's third act, which covers everything prior to "Golden Years", it's really tough to think of any improvements outside of the possible inclusion of "Rock 'n' Roll Suicide" and "John, I'm Only Dancing" (for those who really wish to make a case for "The Laughing Gnome", you are more than welcome to). Then there's "Drive-In Saturday", "Rebel Rebel", "The Jean Genie", "Starman", "Fame", "Life on Mars?", and, of course "Space Oddity". It's all there, albeit some with some slightly-updated mixes from 2003 and 2007, even if most the changes are negligible at best.

The real get, however, outside of under-appreciated tracks like "Silly Boy Blue" and the rare "In the Heat of the Morning" from the 1970 bizarro comp The World of David Bowie, are the three "pre-fame" cuts that make their way here. The latter group includes the jangly folk-pop strummer of "Can't Help Thinking About Me", the nervy throwback "You've Got a Habit of Leaving" from his early band the Lower Third, and, most amusingly, the surf-rock strut of inaugural single "Liza Jane". On these tunes Bowie is really playing with his influences, even if he's not really synthesizing them into anything incredibly distinctive at this point in his career. Still, hearing these embryonic rock 'n' roll sketches so far removed from the soul experiments of "Young Americans" or even the galloping post-rock yearning of "The Stars (Are Out Tonight)" makes for an incredible experiment. Hearing Bowie's evolution in reverse-chronological order actually makes for a compelling experience, as the influences slowly reveal themselves as each successive track dives further back into his vault. This process shows the growing pains and wild successes in his artistic evolution.

With this string of five obscurities closing out Nothing Has Changed, one is forced to come to the conclusion that, despite the album's bold title (itself derived from a lyric from 2002's Heathens), actually, everything has changed. His aesthetics, his styles, his voice, and his impeccable songwriting chops have gone through too many revolutions to mention, having left several lifetimes' worth of personas and seminal albums for fans to parse for years and decades to come. Nothing Has Changed, despite the exact nature of its target demographic being up for debate, remains a thrilling go-to for the semi-casual Thin White Duke observer, and is about as damn close to perfect as a Bowie anthology can get.

Rating:

PopMatters.com

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 06:42 (2016)    Sujet du message: Nothing Has Changed collection features new Bowie track

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  >
Page 6 sur 7

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation