Manofmusic Index du Forum

Manofmusic
Espace consacré à David Bowie et à la Culture sous toutes ses formes

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Sue (Or in a season of crime)
Aller à la page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  >

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Ven 10 Oct - 17:35 (2014)    Sujet du message: Sue (Or in a season of crime) Répondre en citant

Sue (Or In A Season Of Crime) lyric part 5

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven 10 Oct - 17:35 (2014)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Sam 11 Oct - 11:31 (2014)    Sujet du message: Sue (Or in a season of crime) Répondre en citant

Get ready for tomorrow!!!

La page de l'émission Guy Garvey's Finest Hour : http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0072q60

Le radio player de BBC 6Music : http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

L'émission débutera à 15h heure française et sera disponible en écoute ici durant 7 jours.

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Sam 11 Oct - 19:45 (2014)    Sujet du message: Sue (Or in a season of crime) Répondre en citant

Sue (Or In A Season Of Crime) lyric part 6

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Sam 11 Oct - 22:01 (2014)    Sujet du message: Guy Garvey on Sunday’s 6 Music Bowie exclusive Répondre en citant

11 OCTOBER 2014

Guy Garvey on Sunday’s 6 Music Bowie exclusive

“Garvey is a singer with a band”

For those that hadn’t made the connection, BBC Radio 6 Music presenter, Guy Garvey, has a little side project; a band for whom he is the quite brilliant frontman, Elbow.
And though we wish him the very best of luck with that venture, it’s his DJ hat that we concern ourselves with today.
As you well know, Guy has the exclusive scoop on the full length version of Sue (Or In A Season Of Crime) between 14:00 and 16:00 on Sunday afternoon in the UK, on his BBC Radio 6 Music show; Guy Garvey’s Finest Hour.
And Guy himself seems rather pleased about that, as you can probably tell:

“I'm absolutely over the moon to have the exclusive on a David Bowie tune. 6 Music is about bringing focus to new music and archiving its earliest performances for the future as well as celebrating existing great music through the recordings left to us all by keepers of the flame past. Given Bowie’s influence on all branches of contemporary music, this is a beautiful acknowledgement from one of rock’s greatest innovators of all the station stands for. I regularly lose a button over how proud I am to be part of 6 Music. I've just lost three.”

Nice one Guy, you seem almost as excited as we are!

davidbowie.com

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Dim 12 Oct - 13:53 (2014)    Sujet du message: Sue (Or in a season of crime) Répondre en citant

Jack Sikora

MessagePosté le: Dim 12 Oct - 14:43 (2014)    Sujet du message: Sue (Or in a season of crime) Répondre en citant

A l'écoute...

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Dim 12 Oct - 14:45 (2014)    Sujet du message: Sue (Or in a season of crime) Répondre en citant

yenyen

MessagePosté le: Dim 12 Oct - 14:50 (2014)    Sujet du message: Sue (Or in a season of crime) Répondre en citant

What a fuckin' jazz track  Cool

Visiter le site web du posteur
Jack Sikora

MessagePosté le: Dim 12 Oct - 14:51 (2014)    Sujet du message: Sue (Or in a season of crime) Répondre en citant

Jazzy et classieux. Sa voix est magnifique !

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Dim 12 Oct - 15:02 (2014)    Sujet du message: Sue (Or in a season of crime) Répondre en citant

David Bowie - Sue (Or In A Season Of Crime)

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Dim 12 Oct - 15:22 (2014)    Sujet du message: So, what did you make of Sue? Répondre en citant

12 OCTOBER 2014

So, what did you make of Sue?

“And it was stalking time for the Moonboys”

For those able to access it, you will have just heard Guy Garvey’s worldwide exclusive, uninterrupted play of the full-length version of David Bowie’s next single release, Sue (Or In A Season Of Crime), on his BBC Radio 6 Music show; Guy Garvey’s Finest Hour. (http://smarturl.it/GGon6)
Kicking off the programme with Life On Mars?, and describing today as David Bowie Day, Guy followed the classic 1971 Hunky Dory track with a fine spoken tribute to Bowie and his contribution to music.
Mr Garvey’s contagious excitement in anticipation of Sue (Or In A Season Of Crime) prevailed throughout the first forty minutes, and then, after giving a list of things he doesn't often utter, he introduced the track thus:

“Here’s another thing I never thought I’d find myself saying...Time now for the first play, anywhere ever in the world on the radio, of David Bowie's new song. It’s called Sue, it's seven and a half minutes of glorious Bowie-esque drama and it's my absolute privilege to play it on 6 music, the greatest radio station on Earth. Ladies and gentlemen, David Bowie and Sue...”

So what did you think? Did Sue (Or In A Season Of Crime) sound how you were expecting it to?
For those of you wondering about the relevance of today’s lyric quotation, the loose theme of the show was The Moon.
And no, that’s not Sue in our picture, it’s Maria Schneider of the Maria Schneider Orchestra who recorded the Bowie/Visconti produced track with Bowie in New York during the summer.

To save you trying to transcribe them, we’ll leave you with the full set of lyrics to Sue (Or In A Season Of Crime) which is released as a single via Parlophone on November 17th in the UK. (Regional variations apply)

Sue (Or In A Season Of Crime)

Sue, I got the job
    We’ll buy the house
    You’ll need to rest
    But now we’ll make it

Sue, the clinic called
    The x-ray’s fine
    I brought you home
    I just said home

Sue, you said you wanted writ
    “Sue the virgin” on your stone
    For your grave

Why too dark to speak the words?
    For I know that you have a son
    Oh, folly, Sue

Ride the train I’m far from home
    In a season of crime none need atone
    I kissed your face

Sue, I pushed you down beneath the weeds
    Endless faith in hopeless deeds
    I kissed your face
    I touched your face
    Sue, Good-bye

Sue, I found your note
    That you wrote last night
    It can’t be right
    You went with him

Sue, I never dreamed
    I’m such a fool
    Right from the start
    You went with that clown

10" - http://smarturl.it/BowieSue10
Digital - http://smarturl.it/BowieSueiTunes

davidbowie.com

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Dim 12 Oct - 15:43 (2014)    Sujet du message: Sue (Or in a season of crime) Répondre en citant

David Bowie … A skilfully manoeuvred return. Photograph: Martin Rickett/PA

David Bowie: Sue (in a Season of Crime) – review

Bowie has topped his new compilation with a seven-minute jazz experiment. It would be wrong to say it doesn’t have a tune – but you have to search for it

Posted by Alexis Petridis
Sunday 12 October 2014 14.45 BST

It says something about the position David Bowie has skilfully manoeuvred himself into over the last 18 months that the fact he’s added a new track to a greatest hits collection is treated as news. That kind of thing has been standard music industry practice since at least the mid-80s, a means of convincing fans to part with cash for an album largely comprised of stuff they already own, and it doesn’t usually attract the attention afforded Sue (Or in a Season of Crime): no one was obliged to come up with an instant track review when the Police stuck Don’t Stand So Close To Me ’86 on Every Breath You Take: The Singles.

But then, the new track that gets stuck on a greatest hits as an inducement usually feels like an afterthought, and whatever else it may be, Sue (in a Season of Crime) clearly isn’t that. The greatest hits collection it’s promoting, Nothing Has Changed – something like the 18th best of collection of Bowie’s career – has a rather bullish air to it: in its deluxe edition, presented in reverse chronological order, it takes a CD and a half to reach what most people consider Bowie’s classic period. Sue (in a Season of Crime) is the first thing you hear: seven-and-a-half minutes of occasionally atonal brass, drums cantering at a speed that could make listeners recall his experiments with drum’n’bass on 1997’s Earthling, and agonised vocals. It would be wrong to say that his collaboration with New York’s Maria Schneider Orchestra hasn’t got a tune, but you have to search for it.

It feels as much a statement as a song. Once the excitement of his unexpected return had died down, the one criticism levelled at last year’s The Next Day was that it sounded not a million miles removed from the albums that Bowie was making before he vanished. It was superior but relatively straightforward rock music: the Bowie who spent the 70s confounding expectations and leaping into the unknown had clearly left the building. The main message of Sue (in a Season of Crime) seems to be: no he hasn’t. Something about the pained vocal style recalls latterday Scott Walker, the living embodiment of the celebrated rock star who’s cut all ties with his past and fully immersed himself in the avant garde (Walker’s influence could also be detected in the dense mass of historical and literary allusions that comprised some of The Next Day’s lyrics).

Jazz is one area that Bowie has rarely dabbled in: at last year’s V&A exhibition, you could hear him dismissively talking about trying to convince himself he liked Eric Dolphy in his mod years. On those occasions when it has touched his music, he’s used it in an ornamental way: Mike Garson’s piano on Aladdin Sane’s title track, the presence of Art Ensemble of Chicago founder Lester Bowie on 1993’s Black Tie White Noise. Sue feels far more immersive: whether it’s a one-off or an indication of a new path – and indeed what the jazz world makes of Bowie fronting one of America’s most celebrated big bands – remains to be seen.

The Guardian

Dernière édition par lunamagic le Dim 12 Oct - 15:57 (2014); édité 1 fois
coneyislandbaby

MessagePosté le: Dim 12 Oct - 15:52 (2014)    Sujet du message: Sue (Or in a season of crime) Répondre en citant

Je m'attendais à un truc raté ... pas du tout! je suis impressionnée.  Shocked

breizh

MessagePosté le: Dim 12 Oct - 17:02 (2014)    Sujet du message: Sue (Or in a season of crime) Répondre en citant

La vidéo ici :

http://youtu.be/fjch4rgIbYU

Dernière édition par breizh le Dim 12 Oct - 17:18 (2014); édité 1 fois
avcsar
Invité

MessagePosté le: Dim 12 Oct - 17:03 (2014)    Sujet du message: Sue (Or in a season of crime) Répondre en citant

-------

Dernière édition par avcsar le Lun 28 Déc - 13:51 (2015); édité 1 fois
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 06:45 (2016)    Sujet du message: Sue (Or in a season of crime)

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  >
Page 2 sur 7

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation