Manofmusic Index du Forum

Manofmusic
Espace consacré à David Bowie et à la Culture sous toutes ses formes

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Sue (Or in a season of crime)
Aller à la page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  >

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
avcsar
Invité

MessagePosté le: Lun 13 Oct - 09:19 (2014)    Sujet du message: Sue (Or in a season of crime) Répondre en citant

--------

Dernière édition par avcsar le Lun 28 Déc - 13:44 (2015); édité 1 fois
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 13 Oct - 09:19 (2014)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 13 Oct - 10:04 (2014)    Sujet du message: Sue (Or in a season of crime) Répondre en citant

J'avais entendu la séquence mi-sol#-si-la#-do#-sol# dans un chant polyphonique corse !

coneyislandbaby

MessagePosté le: Lun 13 Oct - 10:09 (2014)    Sujet du message: Sue (Or in a season of crime) Répondre en citant

Je suis surprise de lire autant de commentaires négatifs sur cet excellent morceau! Pour moi, c'est son meilleur morceau depuis... je ne sais pas, mais c'est très très bon... ça rejoint mon top 20 Bowie. Il devrait sortir un album comme ça... le rêve. Ensuite, il pourra claquer en paix, pas avant. 

avcsar
Invité

MessagePosté le: Lun 13 Oct - 10:22 (2014)    Sujet du message: Sue (Or in a season of crime) Répondre en citant

--------

Dernière édition par avcsar le Lun 28 Déc - 13:43 (2015); édité 1 fois
lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 13 Oct - 10:24 (2014)    Sujet du message: Sue (Or in a season of crime) Répondre en citant

Okay

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 13 Oct - 10:30 (2014)    Sujet du message: Sue (Or in a season of crime) Répondre en citant

Sunday 12th October 2014 by Alexandra Pollard and Andrew Trendell

David Bowie reveals epic new track, 'Sue (Or In A Season Of Crime)'

The jazzy new track premiered on 6 Music today

David Bowie has revealed his new song - an epic 7 minute jazz Odyssey, 'Sue (Or In A Season Of Crime)' on BBC Radio 6 Music.

Introducing the song on his afternoon slot, Elbow's Guy Garvey said: “Here’s another thing I never thought I’d find myself saying...Time now for the first play, anywhere ever in the world on the radio, of David Bowie's new song.

"It’s called Sue, it's seven and a half minutes of glorious Bowie-esque drama and it's my absolute privilege to play it on 6 music, the greatest radio station on Earth. Ladies and gentlemen, David Bowie and Sue..."

'Dance Magic Dance' it isn't, but it's certainly a silky but dramatic freeform, jazz odyssey, in which Bowie, in Guy Garvey's words, is "in fine voice." Here is an artist who can do whatever he wants, and relishes the opportunity to do so.

There's also hints of David Lynch in its offbeat, slightly unnerving soundscape. It'll be available to listen back to on the 6 Music page here, or hear it below.

'Sue (Or In A Season Of Crime)' is released on 17 November in the UK, via Parlophone. The full lyrics are below.

Sue, I got the job
We’ll buy the house
You’ll need to rest
But now we’ll make it

Sue, the clinic called
The x-ray’s fine
I brought you home
I just said home

Sue, you said you wanted writ
“Sue the virgin” on your stone
For your grave

Why too dark to speak the words?
For I know that you have a son
Oh, folly, Sue

Ride the train I’m far from home
In a season of crime none need atone
I kissed your face

Sue, I pushed you down beneath the weeds
Endless faith in hopeless deeds
I kissed your face
I touched your face
Sue, Good-bye

Sue, I found your note
That you wrote last night
It can’t be right
You went with him

Sue, I never dreamed
I’m such a fool
Right from the start
You went with that clown

Gigwise

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 13 Oct - 10:46 (2014)    Sujet du message: Sue (Or in a season of crime) Répondre en citant

(Ré)écouter Boomerang de France Inter, Sue (Radio edit) commence à 28:55.

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 13 Oct - 10:58 (2014)    Sujet du message: Sue (Or in a season of crime) Répondre en citant

Hear David Bowie's Monolithic, Jazzy 'Sue (Or in a Season of Crime)'

From 'Nothing Has Changed,' a career-spanning compilation due out November 18

WRITTEN BY Colin Joyce

October 12 2014, 11:30 AM ET

Back in July, David Bowie promised "more music soon" to a charity event celebrating his 50-year career. It became apparent soon after that the music would take the form of a new single called "Sue (Or in a Season of Crime)" and career-spanning compilation cheekily named Nothing Has Changed. Today, after its premiere on Guy Garvey's BBC Radio 6 show, Consequence of Sound points out that a radio rip of that new single has surfaced on Youtube, and it's a doozy.

Clocking in at over seven and a half minutes long, "Sue" offers a whole spectrum of serpentine jazz pop—chockfull of rubbery grooves indebted to krautrock and Bowie's ever-present high drama. As ever, production duties were handled by Tony Visconti, but this time the duo brought along the Maria Schneider Orchestra to handle the strings and brass that mark the tune.

Pitchfork notes a few new details about the compilation. It will apparently feature three different covers, each of which features our art-pop chameleon looking into a mirror. Each cover corresponds to a different tracklist, one of which is in chronological order, another in reverse chronological order, and another that jumps around. Designer Jonathan Barnbrook says that such an order illustrates that this is a compilation organized "through the experience of one person's life, not necessarily a specific concept or period of time as albums tend to be."

That compilation follow-up to The Next Day hits stores on November 18th via Columbia/Legacy, but "Sue" hits stores on its own a little later on a 10" for Record Store Day's Black Friday celebration on November 28, with another new track called "Tis a Pity She's a Whore" as a B-side.

Spin

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 13 Oct - 11:05 (2014)    Sujet du message: Sue (Or in a season of crime) Répondre en citant

October 12, 2014
by Stephen Lewis

David Bowie, “Sue [Or In a Season of Crime]” (2014): One Track Mind

David Bowie has revealed his first new musical composition since 2013’s The Next Day, the adventurous “Sue (Or In a Season of Crime).” A seven-minute jazz excursion with the Maria Schneider Orchestra, this new addition to the forthcoming Nothing Has Changed compilation elicits images of Tim Buckley’s atonal late-1960s work more than anything from Bowie’s previous work.

Opening with feedback-drenched swells and sensual horn blasts, “Sue” moves kinetically on erratic teletype percussion. In contrast, the longing horns and stretchy crooned melody line react to each other like to repellant magnets. Bowie is in great throat, and enters into hand-to-hand combat with the swelling horn punctuations. It’s all about the racing drum kit and blowing newspaper brass.

The song’s rhythm drops in and out of consciousness, disorientating the listener and detaching then from the song proper to dip them into unknown aural mysteries. It sounds like Bowie has stirred his eternal pot of influences into one cerebral and cinematic display. Buckley ends up meeting Frank Sinatra, who then meets Frank Zappa, as this multifarious compositional display unfolds.

Once again, David Bowie has left his fans and public with a unique and unexplainable musical statement that holds onto no preconceived ideas or past glories. “Sue” leaves one wondering what the reclusive legend has percolating in his mind for his next move. Obviously, Bowie’s creative wheels are still turning through the seasons, and his work is still leaving all possible labels and discriptions behind.

Something Else!

avcsar
Invité

MessagePosté le: Lun 13 Oct - 12:23 (2014)    Sujet du message: Sue (Or in a season of crime) Répondre en citant

-------

Dernière édition par avcsar le Lun 28 Déc - 13:43 (2015); édité 1 fois
lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 13 Oct - 12:34 (2014)    Sujet du message: Sue (Or in a season of crime) Répondre en citant

sue (v.)
c.1200, "continue, persevere," from Anglo-French suer "follow after, continue," Old French suir, sivre "pursue, follow after, sue in court" (Modern French suivre), from Vulgar Latin *sequere "follow," from Latin sequi "follow" (see sequel). Sense of "start a lawsuit against" first recorded c.1300, on notion of "following up" a matter in court. Sometimes short for ensue or pursue. Meaning "make entreaty, petition, plead" (usually with for) is from late 14c. Related: Sued; suing.

Sue
fem. proper name, a shortened or familiar form of Susan.

Mister_Ed

MessagePosté le: Lun 13 Oct - 13:11 (2014)    Sujet du message: Sue (Or in a season of crime) Répondre en citant

avcsar a écrit:
"Sue" transpire (sue Razz ) la comedie musicale, je ne vois pas ça autrement...

Allez ! C'est bon maintenant : tu sors !!!! Laughing

avcsar
Invité

MessagePosté le: Lun 13 Oct - 13:18 (2014)    Sujet du message: Sue (Or in a season of crime) Répondre en citant

--------

Dernière édition par avcsar le Lun 28 Déc - 13:42 (2015); édité 1 fois
lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 13 Oct - 13:36 (2014)    Sujet du message: Sue (Or in a season of crime) Répondre en citant

David Bowie Releases Seven-Minute Jazz Odyssey - And It's Brilliant

By Dan Stubbs
Posted on 13 Oct 14

'Sue (Or In A Season Of Crime)', is the first track Bowie has recorded since releasing the career-reviving 'The Next Day' in 2013. And in a typically Bowie-like u-turn, it's a jazz track. Not just a bit jazzy – it's proper jazz, recorded with Grammy winning composer Maria Scheider and her 17-piece big band. It's also a murder ballad, sung from a first person perspective with pointed but enigmatic lyrics that shift in focus throughout.

Roughly, the eight-minute version of the song can be split into three portions: the first building calmly, the second violent and discordant, the final part sparse and disturbing, tumbling over itself as the song wraps up. The lyrics tell a tale that appears to begin happily, but quickly goes sour. "Sue, I got the job/ We'll buy the house/ You'll need to rest but now we'll make it," it says. Minutes later, our narrator is pushing Sue her "down beneath the reeds", as saxophones squeal to a maddening crescendo. Finally, we flash backwards – or forwards – to the discovery of a message from Sue: "I found your note/ That you wrote last night/ It can't be right/ You went with him," it says.

It's Nick Cave meets Scott Walker meets Herbie Hancock – and it's quite brilliant.

NME

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 13 Oct - 13:41 (2014)    Sujet du message: Sue (Or in a season of crime) Répondre en citant

Hear David Bowie & his new jazz odyssey

Listen here as the legendary singer-songwriter teams with the Grammy award-winning Maria Schneider Orchestra on "Sue (Or in a Season of Crime)"

By George Varga 11:17 a.m.Oct. 12, 2014

David Bowie's passion for jazz has long been a matter of record. Now, thanks to his first collaboration with the Grammy award-winning Maria Schneider Orchestra, it's on record as well.

The result is the epic, 7-minute-plus "Sue (Or in a Season of Crime)," which was recorded this summer in New York and produced by longtime Bowie collaborator Tony Visconti."Sue" quietly debuted online and on BBC Radio 6 in England on Sunday and is apparently the only new song that will be featured on Bowie's upcoming career-chronicing compilation, "Nothing Has Changed: The Very Best of Bowie," which is due out Nov. 17.

His freewheeling vocal pays homage to fellow singer and veteran music maverick Scott Walker. Bowie and Schneider co-wrote the song. It features a swirling arrangement by Schneider and solos by saxophonist Donny McCaslin and trombonist Ryan Kebrle.

Back in 1993, Bowie recorded an album, "Black Tie/White Noise," that prominently featured jazz trumpet great Lester Bowie (no relation) of The Art Ensemble of Chicago. In 1984, he and the Pat Metheny Group recorded "This Is Not America" for the soundtrack to the film "The Falcon and the Snowman."

In a mid-1990s interview with U-T San Diego, David Bowie discussed how jazz has had a pervasive influence on him ad his musical approach throughout his career.

“Jazz was a music that seriously paralleled rock music for me when I was young, between 8 and 12," he said at the time. "I don’t know why, but I really felt at home with modern jazz. I don’t know whether it was the clothes, but the Modern Jazz Quartet had a huge appeal to me. And because I liked what it looked like, I wanted to understand how it worked.

“I think I often approach things like that; my eyes are very sensitive to what they receive and that can often help me make a first assessment. So I liked rock because of the way it looked and I liked jazz because of the way it looked, and from that I was able to sort of get into it. I feel jazz may have set me off on this idea that ‘planned accidents’ are truly wonderful experiences in music...

“Jazz has inspired me, just by giving me an understanding that it’s okay to drift between the spaces created by the melody. The melody is a schematic, an outline for what you can do. Sometimes mistakes—or events one can consider mistakes—can actually be spontaneous impulses worth building on. The most important thing for me was [learning] that the spaces between the notes are where the action really is.”

The San Diego Union-Tribune

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 10:47 (2016)    Sujet du message: Sue (Or in a season of crime)

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  >
Page 4 sur 7

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation