Manofmusic Index du Forum

Manofmusic
Espace consacré à David Bowie et à la Culture sous toutes ses formes

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

’Tis A Pity She Was A Whore available now
Aller à la page: 1, 2, 3, 4  >

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 10 Nov - 06:52 (2014)    Sujet du message: ’Tis A Pity She Was A Whore available now Répondre en citant

9 NOVEMBER 2014

’Tis A Pity She Was A Whore available now

“’tis my face I suppose”

’Tis A Pity She Was A Whore is available now as a digital download from your preferred digital emporium.
Officially released in the UK on November 10th, the track will be made available in the US the following day.
For those of you that would rather taste before you buy, don't forget that BBC Radio 6 Music has the worldwide radio premiere of the track on the Shaun Keaveny show on Monday morning (Monday the 10th) from 7:00am UK time.
Meanwhile, we’ll leave you with the official blurb that sheds light on the inspiration for that title.

DAVID BOWIE ‘TIS A PITY SHE WAS A WHORE’ - DIGITAL DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE NOW

‘TIS A PITY SHE WAS A WHORE is a brand new demo track from DAVID BOWIE available for digital download now and taken from the forthcoming limited edition 10” single of SUE (OR IN A SEASON OF CRIME) which is released on Parlophone on November 17th.

‘TIS A PITY SHE WAS A WHORE is described by Bowie as “If Vorticists wrote Rock Music it might have sounded like this”.

The song acknowledges the shocking rawness of the First World War and the title is a play on ‘Tis Pity She's A Whore’ a John Ford Restoration play first performed in 1629 at the Cockpit Theatre in London. The demo track was recorded, played and written by David Bowie in his home studio.

The artwork for ‘TIS A PITY SHE WAS A WHORE was again designed by Jonathan Barnbrook continuing the linking theme of the NOTHING HAS CHANGED sleeves of Bowie looking into a mirror.

‘TIS A PITY SHE WAS A WHORE is also featured on the limited edition 10’ single and digital bundle of SUE (OR IN A SEASON OF CRIME) which was described by The Daily Telegraph as “the latest example of Bowie’s genius for self-reinvention. Yes, there’s the sound of a big band in the background, but it’s a deeply strange sound, without a trace of nostalgia. And as for the voice, it’s as uncanny as ever, but freighted with decades of experience. The song seems familiar and deeply strange at once, with an extraordinary blend of nostalgia and irony. If jazz is the “sound of surprise”, then Bowie has certainly found it”.

davidbowie.com

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 10 Nov - 06:52 (2014)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 10 Nov - 07:02 (2014)    Sujet du message: ’Tis A Pity She Was A Whore available now Répondre en citant

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 10 Nov - 07:29 (2014)    Sujet du message: ’Tis A Pity She Was A Whore available now Répondre en citant

torty

MessagePosté le: Lun 10 Nov - 08:27 (2014)    Sujet du message: Wouah Répondre en citant

Autant Sue ne m'avait pas complètement convaincu
Autant cette autre whore est incroyable !

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 10 Nov - 10:15 (2014)    Sujet du message: ’Tis A Pity She Was A Whore available now Répondre en citant

BIWOE

MessagePosté le: Lun 10 Nov - 10:38 (2014)    Sujet du message: ’Tis A Pity She Was A Whore available now Répondre en citant

1ère écoute j'adore

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 10 Nov - 10:51 (2014)    Sujet du message: ’Tis A Pity She Was A Whore available now Répondre en citant

'Tis A Pity She Was A Whore maintenant sur BBC - Radio 6 Music

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 10 Nov - 11:18 (2014)    Sujet du message: ’Tis A Pity She Was A Whore available now Répondre en citant

'Tis A Pity She Was A Whore

Man, she punched me like a dude –
hold your mad hands, I cried –
'tis a pity she was a whore –
'tis my curse I suppose –
that was patrol –
that was patrol –
this is the war

Black struck the kiss, she kept my cock –
smote the mistress, drifting on –
she stole my purse, with rattling speed –
that was patrol –
this is the war –
'tis a pity she was a whore

Man, she punched me like a dude –
hold your mad hands, I cried –
'tis my face I suppose –
that was patrol –
that was patrol –
'tis a pity she was a whore

Lyrics used without permission! Wink

olivier62

MessagePosté le: Lun 10 Nov - 11:39 (2014)    Sujet du message: ’Tis A Pity She Was A Whore available now Répondre en citant

J'adore aussi. Avec Sue, Bowie surprend encore, dans deux genres différents.

Visiter le site web du posteur
yenyen

MessagePosté le: Lun 10 Nov - 12:15 (2014)    Sujet du message: ’Tis A Pity She Was A Whore available now Répondre en citant

Y'a un côté synth/pop experimental sympa, mais le son est vraiment dégueulasse. C'est pas mauvais, mais ça sent bien la face B de single,
morceau bien moins intéressant et travaillé que Sue, dommage. 

Zouff

MessagePosté le: Lun 10 Nov - 13:21 (2014)    Sujet du message: ’Tis A Pity She Was A Whore available now Répondre en citant

C'est pas le son définitif quand même ?...
Sinon la chanson est sympa

EYEIMAGINE

MessagePosté le: Lun 10 Nov - 13:52 (2014)    Sujet du message: ’Tis A Pity She Was A Whore available now Répondre en citant

Ah ouais ! Quand même !
J'adore malgré la voix chancelante à la limite de la rupture (chose que j'avais sentie avec Sue… ).
Mais l'interprétation est intéressante.
Musicalement, c'est bien foutu.

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 10 Nov - 14:12 (2014)    Sujet du message: 'Tis A Pity iTunes and 6 Music premiere Répondre en citant

10 NOVEMBER 2014

'Tis A Pity iTunes and 6 Music premiere

“Hold your mad hands...”

Many thanks to Shaun Keaveny and BBC Radio 6 Music for premiering ’Tis A Pity She Was A Whore in the UK this morning, and for the much appreciated continued support of David Bowie.

Indeed, Sue (Or In A Season Of Crime) has been on the 6 Music 'A' Playlist for the past month. http://smarturl.it/BBC6MusicPlaylistA

Shaun’s co-presenter, Matt Everitt, created a new possibility when he unintentionally misquoted Bowie thus: “If Vorticists wrote Roxy Music it might have sounded like this”! He was quick to correct Roxy to Rock.

Describing the track as “brilliant”, Matt also explained to Shaun exactly what a Vorticist is/was. (http://hyperurl.co/VorticismWIKI)

You can listen to the show again here: http://hyperurl.co/TAPSWAWon6 - The Bowie section begins at 02:48:15

As we pointed out previously, the track is available now (Tuesday in North America) via the usual digital outlets, and here is the global iTunes link: http://smarturl.it/tisapity

’Tis A Pity She Was A Whore is taken from the forthcoming limited edition 10” single of Sue (Or In A Season Of Crime), which is released via Parlophone on November 17th.

David Bowie (Official)

zanedog

MessagePosté le: Lun 10 Nov - 14:35 (2014)    Sujet du message: ’Tis A Pity She Was A Whore available now Répondre en citant

J'aime bien....la voix me semble par contre trop noyée sous la musique. Belle ambiance de déphasage. Bowie expérimente encore.

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 10 Nov - 15:22 (2014)    Sujet du message: ’Tis A Pity She Was A Whore available now Répondre en citant

David Bowie - 'Tis A Pity She Was A Whore
(World premiere on BBC 6 Music - Shaun Keaveny 10/11/14)

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 09:33 (2016)    Sujet du message: ’Tis A Pity She Was A Whore available now

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page: 1, 2, 3, 4  >
Page 1 sur 4

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation