Manofmusic Index du Forum

Manofmusic
Espace consacré à David Bowie et à la Culture sous toutes ses formes

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Quelques mots sur Bowie, autobiographie de Tessa Niles...

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Queen_Bitch

MessagePosté le: Mar 9 Juin - 11:40 (2015)    Sujet du message: Quelques mots sur Bowie, autobiographie de Tessa Niles... Répondre en citant

La "backing vocalist" TESSA NILES, très réputée dans le milieu musical anglais pour son travail dans les années '80 et '90, vient de sortir son autobiographie, "Backtrack". En couverture, figure une photo d'elle et de Bowie durant le LIVE AID de juillet 1985 à Wembley. 

Elle y évoque bien entendu sa collaboration avec Bowie durant le Live Aid de juillet 1985 à Wembley  Okay  

Si j'arrive à convertir mon Kindle en Word, je vous ferai un copié-collé du passage... A recopier à la main, c'est un peu long! 

Je ne saurais de toute façon que conseiller la lecture de livreà plusieurs égards: Tessa Niles a travaillé avec énormément d'artistes dans les années 80, d'ABC à Eric Clapton en passant par Police (elle a tourné avec eux en 1983, son 1er "gros" job, à 22 ans !)...  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tessa_Niles

Inutile de dire qu'avec une carrière aussi riche, son autobiographie est un document très intéressant à parcourir... De plus, étant une vraie professionnelle, Tessa a le bon goût de nous épargner les ragots de WC pour se focaliser quasi exclusivement sur son travail et celui de ses divers et nombreux collaborateurs...

Seul bémol: pas de version française de prévue, a priori  Neutral

- I don't know, ask a star."

David Bowie.

Dernière édition par Queen_Bitch le Mar 9 Juin - 17:49 (2015); édité 1 fois
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 9 Juin - 11:40 (2015)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Queen_Bitch

MessagePosté le: Mar 9 Juin - 11:59 (2015)    Sujet du message: Quelques mots sur Bowie, autobiographie de Tessa Niles... Répondre en citant

Beh, aussitôt dit, aussitôt fait...

"A few days later the mystery concert was revealed in all its glory. The show was to be called Live Aid, a charitable event organised by Bob Geldof and Harvey Goldsmith. I’d be working with David Bowie. I naturally jumped at the opportunity to work with the iconic Mr Bowie, the godfather of glam rock, having long been a fan of his innovative eclectic style influenced by film, art, fashion and literature.
On my return to London I met up with the Bowie band, directed by keyboard player Thomas Dolby. David was involved in every aspect of the Live Aid show and the rehearsals came together swiftly and easily.

‘What are you ladies going to wear?’ asked the slender Mr Bowie during a break in rehearsals.
‘What are you wearing? We’ll complement whatever outfit you have,’ I said, clearly pleased at being asked.

‘I’m gonna wear a pale blue suit so maybe you ladies could find something to go with it? I want you to feel fantastic on that stage,’ he said smiling.
David Bowie didn’t just look at you with those vastly compelling eyes, he peered into your very soul. This was going to be fun.

‘I’m working on the set list,’ he said as he sipped on his tea, running a hand through coiffed hair. ‘Have you got any ideas for songs?’
‘Ooooh yes, yes!’ I enthused, bouncing like a human Labrador.’ My absolute favourite song is Rebel Rebel. Can we do it?’
‘Sure, good idea. That’ll get the crowd going.’

The set list eventually featured TVC 15, Rebel Rebel and Modern Love, and closed with Heroes. Rehearsal time was tight but within days the band’s sound was slick and assured. My wardrobe choice comprised leggings and a diaphanous blue chiffon shirt secured at the collar with a diamanté brooch, a flesh-coloured satin bra, black stilettos and one sheer black glove.

I loved the way David was so involved in the visual details of the show as many musicians left the (in their view) less important decisions like clothing to others. During the run-up to Live Aid, David and Mick Jagger recorded a version of Dancing in the Streets, and singer Helena Springs and I recorded vocals on the track at Westside Studios. The single became a worldwide hit and featured a video with Jagger and Bowie royally camping things up.

On the morning of 13 July 1985 David and the band left for Wembley Stadium by helicopter. It was a stunning day and Live Aid was being hailed as the biggest gig ever attempted. The concert was organised to raise support for those suffering from the famine in war-torn Ethiopia. A new concept in intercontinental fundraising, almost every major artist and band in the United States was also taking part, the hope being that the financial and practical input generated jointly by First World communities would make a real difference to thousands who were forgotten, starving and suffering from disease in Africa.

At Wembley Stadium the Bowie band settled in backstage with the other artists. None of us had ever encountered such an array of accomplished musicians at one venue before. Despite it being a charitable event, there was no shortage of performance-enhancing drugs and alcohol on offer. The atmosphere was electric, coupled with the fact that everyone involved believed in the common cause. On TV, Bob Geldof, who had visited Ethiopia and the Sudan, spoke soberly and passionately about what he had witnessed there and implored viewers worldwide to contribute funds to ease the terrible conditions.

We prepared for our set to the sounds of Freddie Mercury and Queen whipping the crowd into a storm. Radio Gaga was anthemic, and the crowd responded to Freddie’s every cue. I could never have anticipated the feeling of walking out on to the stage that day. David Bowie was masterful, the consummate performer, and from the opening bars he had the 72,000-strong crowd with him. Onstage the sound was fantastic, the band sounded incredible and the collective energy pulsed through each one of us. We pounded through the set finishing off with Heroes, a perfect choice lyrically and emotionally. 

At the close of the concert the artists gathered onstage to sing Hey Jude. McCartney, Jagger, Bowie, Sting, Bono, Geldof and the entire cast: an extraordinary line-up for the exhausted but satisfied audience. Live Aid was viewed that day by a global television audience of 1.9 billion people, a third of humanity; a concert that became legendary as ‘the day musicians united to raise millions for the underprivileged’."

A noter qu'elle a été plutôt classe de ne pas mentionner qu'il l'a présentée comme étant "Theresa Springs" juste avant de chanter 'Heroes'...  Mr. Green

- I don't know, ask a star."

David Bowie.

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 14:53 (2017)    Sujet du message: Quelques mots sur Bowie, autobiographie de Tessa Niles...

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation