Manofmusic Index du Forum

Manofmusic
Espace consacré à David Bowie et à la Culture sous toutes ses formes

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Hunky Dory still incredible at 44

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Jeu 17 Déc - 16:16 (2015)    Sujet du message: Hunky Dory still incredible at 44 Répondre en citant

17 DECEMBER 2015

Hunky Dory still incredible at 44

“Oh, look out you rock ’n rollers“

David Bowie’s Hunky Dory LP (his first for RCA), was released on this day in the UK in 1971. The album had already been released in the USA at this point, as had the attendant single, Changes.
However, despite a decent press campaign and very appreciative reviews, the record didn't enter the UK Top 50 for another ten months and it took several more weeks before it entered the Top 20 at the height of Ziggymania.
It eventually peaked at #3, incredible when one considers how important a recording the majority of Bowie fans (and indeed, rock fans in general), consider Hunky Dory to be today.
If for some mad reason this masterpiece has escaped you thus far, prepare yourself for greatness here.

#DavidBowie #HunkyDory #HunkyDoryBowie

davidbowie.com

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Jeu 17 Déc - 16:16 (2015)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Jeu 17 Déc - 16:24 (2015)    Sujet du message: 44 years Ago Today – David Bowie Releases Classic ‘Hunky Dory' LP Répondre en citant

44 years Ago Today – David Bowie Releases Classic ‘Hunky Dory’ LP (Watch “Oh You Pretty Things”)

December 17, 2015 by Glide

44 years ago to day (12/17/71), David Bowie released arguably his strongest recorded effort to date Hunky Dory. Bowie’s fourth album was the first production featuring all the members of the band that would become known the following year as Ziggy Stardust’s Spiders From Mars which consisted of consisted of Mick Ronson on guitars, Trevor Bolder on bass guitar and Mick Woodmansey on drums, although Hunky Dory also featured Rick Wakeman on piano. With only two singles (“Life on Mars” “Changes”) on the album, it was rounded out with a complete package of 11 songs that are all classic in their own variety. Bowie himself considers the album to be one of the most important in his career. Speaking in 1999, he said: “Hunky Dory gave me a fabulous groundswell. I guess it provided me, for the first time in my life, with an actual audience – I mean, people actually coming up to me and saying, ‘Good album, good songs.’ That hadn’t happened to me before. It was like, ‘Ah, I’m getting it, I’m finding my feet. I’m starting to communicate what I want to do. Now: what is it I want to do?’

Watch Bowie perform “Oh You Pretty Things” off Hunky Dory from The BBC’s “Old Grey Whistle Test”

Glide magazine

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Jeu 17 Déc - 16:24 (2015)    Sujet du message: Hunky Dory still incredible at 44 Répondre en citant

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Jeu 17 Déc - 16:36 (2015)    Sujet du message: Hunky Dory still incredible at 44 Répondre en citant

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 04:48 (2016)    Sujet du message: Hunky Dory still incredible at 44

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation