Manofmusic Index du Forum

Manofmusic
Espace consacré à David Bowie et à la Culture sous toutes ses formes

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

US and UK trade magazine Bowie specials

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mar 19 Jan - 09:48 (2016)    Sujet du message: US and UK trade magazine Bowie specials Répondre en citant

18 JANUARY 2016

US and UK trade magazine Bowie specials

“Look out your window I can see his light”

Billboard (Jan 23) in the US and Music Week (Jan 18) in the UK both have specials celebrating the life and career of David Bowie in their latest issues.
Aside from the pages of tributes in both magazines, Billboard has a beautiful, full page Sukita portrait placed by Warner Music Group/Parlophone with the headline “YOU BLEW OUR MINDS”.
Music Week has a special wraparound cover placed by Columbia with a Bowie front cover underneath that.
There’s also a full-page placed by the Official Charts Company with the legend: “Farewell to the ultimate Starman - Still the nation’s hero”.
Swipe/scroll (or click on little dots) to view more.
Both magazines are available now.

#DavidBowie #BowiePress #BowieBillboard #BowieMusicWeek

davidbowie.com

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 19 Jan - 09:48 (2016)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mar 19 Jan - 09:49 (2016)    Sujet du message: 100-page Rock&Folk Bowie Special Répondre en citant

18 JANUARY 2016

100-page Rock&Folk Bowie Special

“There’s been many others, so many times”

Our good friend Jérôme Soligny has been in touch with details of a Rock&Folk Bowie special (exclusive peek at the cover in our montage), and the current February issue of the regular Rock&Folk magazine.
Over to Jérôme...

+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - +

When we heard the news on the saddest Monday morning of all, Rock&Folk decided to keep busy and work hard on the special issue we had in mind for years. We never thought it would be an 'in memoriam' issue.

Basically, the special is a compilation of some of the best interviews David gave us over the past 4 decades, some go back to when I was a teenager and when I was actually stealing the mag!

But, of course, we also wrote some new articles, starting with a great piece by Eric Dahan, my Bowie compere for years. We had the feeling we had to give our readers (among them our fellow French Bowie fans), the special issue they deserve...and that David deserves too.

Our tribute to such an incomparable artist needed to be massive: 100 pages, and, of course, Mick Rock (who else?) provided an exclusive shot from the Pin Ups photo shoot for the special issue.

Now that it’s done, we may cry, or maybe put some David Bowie record on and dance the f…. night away.

Also, the issue 582 of the mag (with Motörhead on the cover - what an awful year it’s been so far), is just out.

Inside, R&F’s editor Philippe Manœuvre wrote a one page tribute to our Main Man and there’s a page featuring all the mag’s covers he’s been on. Also in this 582 issue, there’s a 6-page article written after I went to New York to see Lazarus. David was still alive.

So David, us common mortals salute you wherever you are and as I say in the last words of the last phrase of the last article I wrote for this issue: Have a fantastic voyage!

+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - +

Thanks to you Jérôme and all at Rock&Folk for your unstinting support of David Bowie over the last forty plus years, it’s very much appreciated.
Meanwhile, check out this animation of the Rock&Folk Bowie covers.

#RocknFolkBowie

davidbowie.com

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mar 19 Jan - 09:49 (2016)    Sujet du message: More Bowie front covers Répondre en citant

19 JANUARY 2016

More Bowie front covers

“Every magazine on every shelf”

A few more recent magazine covers for those of you that like to keep up with these things.

[b]#DavidBowie #BowiePress[.b]

davidbowie.com

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mer 20 Jan - 09:37 (2016)    Sujet du message: UNCUT Bowie special out Thursday Répondre en citant

19 JANUARY 2016

UNCUT Bowie special out Thursday

“Staying back in your memory”

The March 2016 issue of UNCUT pays tribute to David Bowie with 19 pages of content, wherein many of his collaborators, including Carlos Alomar, Reeves Gabrels, Nile Rodgers, Mike Garson, Ken Scott and Herbie Flowers, remember Bowie, while UNCUT’s David Cavanagh has filed an essay on Bowie’s life and legacy.
Go here for more.

#DavidBowie #BowiePress #BowieUNCUT

davidbowie.com

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mer 20 Jan - 15:08 (2016)    Sujet du message: US and UK trade magazine Bowie specials Répondre en citant

20 JANUARY 2016

BEAT celebrates Bowie for fifth anniversary

“Well, ain't that poster love?”

For those of you not already familiar with it, BEAT is an independently published quarterly music magazine and they have just published their 5th Anniversary Issue, Special Poster Edition featuring David Bowie. (http://smarturl.it/CantHideBEAT)
Those of you of a certain age will remember Bowie’s ISOLAR tour programmes of 1976 and 1978, printed on newspaper stock. This double-size edition is akin to those in terms of size and paper stock.
The 40-page, colour and black and white, A2 publication (huge) folds out into an impressive A1 (massive) and the bowie content amounts to 9 x A2 portraits, 9 x A2 artwork pages and 2 delicious A1 posters.
Our montage really doesn't do the mag justice in terms of understanding the scale of this issue of BEAT.
As explained by Editor-in-Chief, Hanna Hanra, the magazine was ready to roll on the day DB passed. Some last minute text changes were quickly made before BEAT was rushed off to the printers once more.
Here’s an excerpt from Hanna’s editorial...

When I sat down to write this, his 25th album, (25th!) had just been released. Life was good. David Bowie was 69. I didn’t get very far with writing anything because we were on deadline with the issue, this special issue celebrating both our fifth anniversary and the release of David Bowie’s new album. DB had seen a copy of BEAT, he liked it, and had wanted to let us run some pictures.

All the yesses in the world sparked through my blood when his publicist rang me, tears streamed down my cheeks. We’ll make it really special! We’ll run some new pictures and some archive ones! We’ll make it twice the size!

His death feels like the earth has stopped mid spin, an enormous shuddering surprise, my feet tripping over themselves below me.
    But of course, that’s just like him – full of surprises.

Helping BEAT celebrate for this issue, is a David Bowie curated gallery by Sue Webster, featuring:

Tracey Emin
Tim Noble
Scott King
Kingsley Ifill
Toby Mott
Jeremy Deller

There’s also a 10 favourite things about David Bowie list by Kate Moss, not to mention two different covers for this edition of BEAT, by Sue Webster (see the two different covers bottom right in our montage).
BEAT is free at your local vintage/record/magazine store, but for obvious reasons it will be snapped up quickly and both versions can be purchased here online.

#DavidBowie #BowieBEAT #BowiePress

davidbowie.com

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Ven 22 Jan - 09:29 (2016)    Sujet du message: Q’s David Bowie: A Celebration out Friday Répondre en citant

21 JANUARY 2016

Q’s David Bowie: A Celebration out Friday

“Far out from the sad eyes, Strange, mad celebration”

The March issue of Q magazine (Q356) is celebrating David Bowie with a 35-page study of his recorded music. Here’s a bit from the site.

“We had almost completed work on our David Bowie retrospective when the shocking news of his death from cancer grimly greeted the dawn of 11 January,” writes Q’s Features Editor Ted Kessler, introducing the 35-page celebration of David Bowie in our new issue, on sale from Friday (22 January).
    “Our original mission was to tell the story behind each of his albums, designed to lend context and perspective to his latest – and last – recording, the magnificent ★ (Blackstar). While we proceeded to add and adjust some pieces accordingly, a detailed map of all his recorded output seemed a fitting epitaph. Because that’s what will remain after we are all dust: Bowie’s era-defining, genre-straddling, imitation-defying back catalogue. While the world mourns one of its brightest lights going out, David Bowie’s immortality is assured by the music he left behind for us all. Not only did he design our lives. He offered something for future generations to aim for as well.”
    Get Q for the inside story of each of Bowie’s albums – plus print editions of the magazine come with posters featuring Bowie and Motörhead’s Lemmy, the other passing musical giant we salute this month.

#DavidBowie #BowiePress #BowieQ

davidbowie.com

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Sam 23 Jan - 19:15 (2016)    Sujet du message: MOJO Bowie special out now Répondre en citant

23 JANUARY 2016

MOJO Bowie special out now

“I got a MOJO, don't you know” *

The March issue of MOJO magazine is celebrating David Bowie with over 20 pages, thus...

The latest MOJO magazine is a celebration of the life and work of DAVID BOWIE and includes TWO FREE DELUXE BOWIE POSTERS. 20-plus pages of coverage includes Bowie himself writing for MOJO about the music that changed him, an extraordinary tribute by Siouxsie Sioux and Tony Visconti with the truth about Bowie’s final album, Blackstar.

* OK, today’s lyric quotation is possibly a bit obscure. It's a line from the Calvin Carter song, I Ain't Got You, originally recorded by Billy Boy Arnold.
Bowie covered the song live during his stint with The Manish Boys eventually recording a cover of I Wish You Would for Pin Ups, another Billy Boy Arnold release.
The Yardbirds also covered both songs.

#DavidBowie #BowiePress #BowieMOJO

davidbowie.com

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Jeu 28 Jan - 09:16 (2016)    Sujet du message: Rolling Stone Bowie tribute issue Répondre en citant

27 JANUARY 2016

Rolling Stone Bowie tribute issue

“My friends talk”

Issue 1254 (February 11, 2016) of Rolling Stone magazine in the US is a Bowie tribute edition, wherein, among other things, some of David’s friends and colleagues remember the man they knew.
There are some moving moments among the interviews. Read the online versions via the links below.

And while you’re there, as an added bonus, here’s a link to the Gail Ann Dorsey interview also published online this week. Gail is pictured here with David in Paris, September 2003.
David Bowie Bassist Gail Ann Dorsey: 'He Altered the Course of My Life' - By Andy Greene.

Rolling Stone magazine is available from January 29th.

#BowieRollingStone

davidbowie.com

olivier62

MessagePosté le: Dim 31 Jan - 18:12 (2016)    Sujet du message: US and UK trade magazine Bowie specials Répondre en citant

@luna: un bon plan pour se procurer le Rolling Stone anglophone?

Visiter le site web du posteur
olivier62

MessagePosté le: Sam 6 Fév - 20:38 (2016)    Sujet du message: US and UK trade magazine Bowie specials Répondre en citant

Y en a parmi vous qui avaient commandé les magazines BEAT? Si oui, les avez vous reçus? 

Visiter le site web du posteur
cm

MessagePosté le: Dim 7 Fév - 10:50 (2016)    Sujet du message: US and UK trade magazine Bowie specials Répondre en citant

Non toujours pas reçu... juste un mail pour m'avertir qu'il avait été envoyé.

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 18:58 (2016)    Sujet du message: US and UK trade magazine Bowie specials

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation