Manofmusic Index du Forum

Manofmusic
Espace consacré à David Bowie et à la Culture sous toutes ses formes

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Standing ovation for BRITS Bowie tribute
Aller à la page: 1, 2  >

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Jeu 25 Fév - 08:44 (2016)    Sujet du message: Standing ovation for BRITS Bowie tribute Répondre en citant

24 FEBRUARY 2016

Standing ovation for BRITS Bowie tribute

“Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know”

Following moving spoken word tributes from singer Annie Lennox and actor Gary Oldman, Lorde joined David Bowie’s touring band for a beautiful and heartfelt rendition of Life On Mars?, at the Brit Awards ceremony in the London O2 Arena tonight (Wednesday).
After Annie’s touching eulogy, Gary Oldman accepted the Brits Icon Award on behalf of David Bowie and gave an equally moving speech before introducing Lorde singing with the last Bowie touring band.
The band, consisting of (in alphabetical order): Sterling Campbell (drums), Gail Ann Dorsey (bass), Mike Garson (piano), Gerry Leonard (guitar), Catherine Russell (keyboards and guitar) and Earl Slick (guitar), ran through a medley of Space Oddity, Rebel Rebel, Let’s Dance, Ashes To Ashes, Ziggy Stardust, Fame, Under Pressure and "Heroes".
Lorde entered the stage as the medley segued into a piano led, full band rendition of Life On Mars?. The 19-year-old singer delivered a stylish and beautifully fragile but assured performance, prompting a standing ovation from the capacity crowd and gathered celebrities.
During rehearsals earlier in the day Lorde posed with the band for pictures and expressed her gratitude for being given the honour of performing with them in David’s honour.
Following the sad announcement of David’s passing in January, she posted this tribute to him on her FB page.
Meanwhile, you can watch both Annie Lennox and Gary Oldman’s contributions on the official Brit Awards 2016 YouTube channel.
And if it’s still there when you look, Slate have hosted a video of the Band’s full performance.

‪#‎BowieBrits ‪#‎BowieLorde ‪#‎BowieLennoxOldman

davidbowie.com

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Jeu 25 Fév - 08:44 (2016)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Jeu 25 Fév - 08:50 (2016)    Sujet du message: Standing ovation for BRITS Bowie tribute Répondre en citant

Jack Sikora

MessagePosté le: Jeu 25 Fév - 09:41 (2016)    Sujet du message: Standing ovation for BRITS Bowie tribute Répondre en citant

C'est très touchant revoir les derniers compagnons de route réunis pour cet hommage. La participation de Lorde, très sobre (aux antipodes de celle de miss Gaga), permet d'entendre au moins une chanson dans son intégralité. Je ne comprends pas bien ce choix de mélanger près d'une dizaine de titres en moins de 2 mn.

Nathan (de Mom)

MessagePosté le: Jeu 25 Fév - 10:35 (2016)    Sujet du message: Standing ovation for BRITS Bowie tribute Répondre en citant

Lorsqu'ils ont joué juste les instrumentaux. Cela m'a fait bizarre de voir Bowie absent sur scène mais présent sur les écrans ....

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Jeu 25 Fév - 11:13 (2016)    Sujet du message: Standing ovation for BRITS Bowie tribute Répondre en citant

BRIT AWARD 2016

Annie Lennox and Gary Oldman pay tribute to British musical legend David Bowie, as he is awarded The BRIT Awards 2016 Icon Award.

On the 10th of January this year, the world was stunned and shaken by the news that David Bowie had suddenly passed away.
I suspect that everyone is still trying to process this sadly unexpected event.
Even if they didn't know him personally many people must feel as if things will never be quite the same again.
He had that special kind of significance.
For me, it's almost impossible to mention Bowie's name in the past tense.
Everything he represented as an artist was and always will be vital and incredibly present.
As a cutting edge artistic genius, he continues to live on through his music.
David Bowie is deeply embedded in the heart of British culture, as a fixture within our collective inner psyche, influencing every decade from the moment he first appeared on the airwaves with Space Oddity in 1969, right up to the present day.
Like the miraculous moon landing that inspired the song, he drew us away from our suburban lives, expanding our horizons, turning everything on its head into gloriously subversive technicolour.
As an innovative writer, performer and rock star, there was no one and nothing else like him.
He was truly unique.
A quintessential visionary, pushing the limits of his shape shifting persona.
The ultimate iconoclast, gracious, dangerous and legendary.
The legacy of his extraordinary sound and vision will be loved and revered for as long as the earth still spins.
The Brits Icon Award is only presented to unparalleled artists whose writing, recording and performance set them apart as having made a lasting impact on the nation’s culture, recognising the very highest level of British music achievement.
To accept the award I now like to invite David’s dear friend Gary Oldman to the stage.
Annie Lennox

Thank you, thank you.
We are all coming to terms with the magnitude of David's passing.
The Jones family lost a husband and a father, those closest to David lost a dear friend, and the world lost a man and an artist of transcendent talent.
As Annie so gracefully said, David's contribution, his influence on popular music, on culture itself, has no equal.
He was the very definition, the living embodiment of that singular word 'icon'.
And I am, I am so deeply touched and honoured to be here tonight to accept this award for David and his family.
In recent years David sparingly spoke about music and his process; but in one of these rare instances, he graciously and elegantly expounded.
Music has given me over 40 years of extraordinary experiences.
I can’t say that life's pains or more tragic episodes have been diminished because of it, but it has allowed me so many moments of companionship when I have been lonely and a sublime means of communications when I have wanted to touch people.
It has been both my doorway of perception and the house that I live in.
Over his career, David challenged and changed our understanding of the medium, whether in music or in life, he emphasized originality, experimentation, exploration, and in his very unique way, he also reminded us to never take ourselves too seriously.
David, David was funny.
He was funny, hilariously so, and the laughs were many and massive and I shall miss them.
A related story, a few years ago, we were standing on the street corner and he was approached by this big fellow, rocker type, long hair, you know, leather clad and he offered up this piece of paper for David's autograph.
David signed the piece of paper, and as the fellow walked away, he turned to me and he said 'He's gonna be disappointed’, I said why, he said 'Cause I just signed it Gary Oldman'.
His outlook was always positive and I never once heard him complain.
I can share with you that David faced his illness with enormous courage, dignity, and grace and customary humour.
Even, even in dire circumstances.
When he wrote to tell me the bad news that he had cancer, he added, 'The good news is I've got my cheekbones back'.
He was the sweetest soul ever with the best cheek bones until it was done.
David, you were mortal but your potential was superhuman and your remarkable music is living on.
We love you and we thank you.
And now, to honour David, please welcome a band who worked with him for many years and a young lady who David himself said was the future of music, Lorde.
Gary Oldman

zanedog

MessagePosté le: Jeu 25 Fév - 12:40 (2016)    Sujet du message: Standing ovation for BRITS Bowie tribute Répondre en citant

Ouah...ça me file les larmes...la charge émotionnelle. 

Lady Gaga est KO debout.

Le début est très beau.

Zouff2

MessagePosté le: Jeu 25 Fév - 12:55 (2016)    Sujet du message: Standing ovation for BRITS Bowie tribute Répondre en citant

oui la larmichette n'était pas loin. Très émouvant ; j'ai juste trouvé Earl Slick a côté de ses pompes

Nathan (de Mom)

MessagePosté le: Jeu 25 Fév - 13:36 (2016)    Sujet du message: Standing ovation for BRITS Bowie tribute Répondre en citant

Zouff2 a écrit:
oui la larmichette n'était pas loin. Très émouvant ; j'ai juste trouvé Earl Slick a côté de ses pompes

Oui sur le premier solo de Life on Mars ... ça a dû être dur de rejouer tous ensemble dans ce contexte.

tom

MessagePosté le: Jeu 25 Fév - 15:01 (2016)    Sujet du message: Standing ovation for BRITS Bowie tribute Répondre en citant

J'ai trouvé que les instrumentaux sans la voix était une idée magnifique.
Parce que c'est ça la réalité : il est absent.
C'est bon, ça m'a replombé le moral pour 3 jours.

woland

MessagePosté le: Jeu 25 Fév - 15:21 (2016)    Sujet du message: Standing ovation for BRITS Bowie tribute Répondre en citant

Je ne peux toujours pas regarder.

zanedog

MessagePosté le: Jeu 25 Fév - 16:41 (2016)    Sujet du message: Standing ovation for BRITS Bowie tribute Répondre en citant

Duncan Jones ✔‎@ManMadeMoon

Finally found the links to tonight's Brits. Just... beautiful. Thank you.
1:10 AM - 25 Feb 2016

Tuesdays

MessagePosté le: Jeu 25 Fév - 18:50 (2016)    Sujet du message: Standing ovation for BRITS Bowie tribute Répondre en citant

A. Lennox et G. Oldman très dignes.
Très émouvant de revoir les musiciens sans lui.
J'aime pas les hommages aux morts. Sad

tom

MessagePosté le: Jeu 25 Fév - 19:31 (2016)    Sujet du message: Standing ovation for BRITS Bowie tribute Répondre en citant

woland a écrit:
Je ne peux toujours pas regarder.

C'est super dur.

olivier62

MessagePosté le: Jeu 25 Fév - 22:13 (2016)    Sujet du message: Standing ovation for BRITS Bowie tribute Répondre en citant

Très bel hommage, émouvant, vibrant.

Visiter le site web du posteur
Tuesdays

MessagePosté le: Jeu 25 Fév - 22:38 (2016)    Sujet du message: Standing ovation for BRITS Bowie tribute Répondre en citant

Ces mots d'Annie Lennox reflètent une certaine réalité pour des milliers (millions ?) de personnes, même pour celles qui n'étaient pas des aficionados purs et durs :

I suspect that everyone is still trying to process this sadly unexpected event.
Even if they didn't know him personally many people must feel as if things will never be quite the same again.
He had that special kind of significance.

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 05:23 (2016)    Sujet du message: Standing ovation for BRITS Bowie tribute

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 sur 2

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation