Manofmusic Index du Forum

Manofmusic
Espace consacré à David Bowie et à la Culture sous toutes ses formes

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Exhibition/auction of Bowie’s art collection
Aller à la page: <  1, 2, 3, 4  >

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
cm

MessagePosté le: Ven 22 Juil - 11:08 (2016)    Sujet du message: Exhibition/auction of Bowie’s art collection Répondre en citant

noisy-synthesizer a écrit:

Il me semble que la toile que Bowie possédait et qui avait le plus de valeur était un Tintoretto qui n'a pas l'air à vendre.

“Yes, I do have a Tintoretto and a small Rubens…But the majority of what I have are British 20th century and not terribly big names. I’ve gone for what seemed to be an important or interesting departure at a certain time, or something that typified a certain decade, rather than go for Hockneys or Freuds or whatever.”

David bowie

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven 22 Juil - 11:08 (2016)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 8 Aoû - 09:41 (2016)    Sujet du message: Last chance to see David Jones’ Crucifixion in London Répondre en citant

2 AUGUST 2016

Last chance to see David Jones’ Crucifixion in London

“Hanging by the cross and nail...”

Hope the headline wasn’t too misleading, but if you haven’t yet attended Sotheby’s Bowie/Collector London highlights preview exhibition, you have until next Tuesday, August 9th, to get to it.
Of course, the David Jones Crucifixion we’re referencing isn't anything Bowie himself created, but rather just one of the pieces from his art collection going under the hammer at Sotheby's in November.
You can see the picture in the background behind Gavin Evans’ iconic shot of Bowie and here’s the accompanying caption...

David Jones (1895-1974)
    CRUCIFIXION
    pencil and watercolour
    23.5 by 16.5cm.; 9¼ by 6½in.
    Executed circa 1922.
    £5,000-7,000
    With the same name and the same South London origins as David Bowie, David Jones similarly explored the relationship between art and language. Author of the epic war poem In Parenthesis 1937, admired by the likes of W. H. Auden and T. S. Eliot, Jones was invalided out of military service after being shot at the Battle of the Somme. Although a master of many media, Jones is especially admired as a watercolourist and printmaker. A troubled and reclusive character, Jones created Crucifixion one year after his conversion to Roman Catholicism.

Coincidentally, David Jones died in 1974, the same year that Chris Burden’s own 'crucifixion' on a Volkswagen Beetle was unveiled. As we mentioned yesterday, the piece entitled 'Trans-Fixed' was referenced in the Bowie song, Joe The Lion.

Anyway, here’s the Bowie/Collector highlights preview exhibition and auction schedule:

Preview World Tour:
    London: 20 July-9 August
    Los Angeles: 20-21 September
    New York: 26-29 September
    Hong Kong: 12-15 October

The Exhibition:
    Bowie/Collector: 1–10 November, Sotheby’s New Bond Street London

The Auctions:
    Part I: Modern & Contemporary Art, Evening Auction, 10 November
    Part II: Modern & Contemporary Art, Day Auction, 11 November
    Part III: Post-Modernist Design: Ettore Sottsass and the Memphis Group, 11 November

If you can’t attend any of the above, you can glean lots of information regarding the collection here.

#BowieCollector #BowieArt

davidbowie.com

Jack Sikora

MessagePosté le: Lun 8 Aoû - 10:39 (2016)    Sujet du message: Exhibition/auction of Bowie’s art collection Répondre en citant

"Nail me to my car and I'll tell you who you are".

Pas eu le temps d'aller voir l'expo à Londres. Va falloir pousser jusqu'à L.A maintenant ! Mr. Green

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mer 10 Aoû - 09:40 (2016)    Sujet du message: Exhibition/auction of Bowie’s art collection Répondre en citant

Jack Sikora a écrit:
Pas eu le temps d'aller voir l'expo à Londres. Va falloir pousser jusqu'à L.A maintenant ! Mr. Green

A la nage via le canal de Panama ! Ils l'ont élargi, ça va plus vite maintenant Wink

Jack Sikora

MessagePosté le: Mer 10 Aoû - 18:05 (2016)    Sujet du message: Exhibition/auction of Bowie’s art collection Répondre en citant

lunamagic a écrit:
Jack Sikora a écrit:

A la nage via le canal de Panama ! Ils l'ont élargi, ça va plus vite maintenant Wink

Sinon, il y a Hong Kong en octobre. J'hésite !... Rolling Eyes

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mer 10 Aoû - 19:05 (2016)    Sujet du message: Exhibition/auction of Bowie’s art collection Répondre en citant

Jack Sikora a écrit:
Sinon, il y a Hong Kong en octobre. J'hésite !... Rolling Eyes

Ou la totalité des objets à Londres en novembre Wink

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 22 Aoû - 08:49 (2016)    Sujet du message: Jack B Yeats painting owned by David Bowie to be auctioned Répondre en citant

Jack B Yeats painting owned by David Bowie to be auctioned

‘Sleep Sound’ oil-on-canvas valued at up to £180,000 to be sold by Sotheby’s in November

An important painting by Jack B Yeats has come to light in the private collection of the late British pop star David Bowie.

Sleep Sound, an oil-on-canvas measuring 18x24 inches, has been valued at up to £180,000 (€208,000) and is to be sold at auction by Sotheby’s in London in November...

Irish Times

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mar 6 Sep - 15:34 (2016)    Sujet du message: Sotheby’s - Bowie/Collector postcards Répondre en citant

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Ven 9 Sep - 22:56 (2016)    Sujet du message: Exhibition/auction of Bowie’s art collection Répondre en citant

September 9, 2016 11:51 am

David Bowie’s personal art collection for sale at Sotheby’s

Peter Aspden

Although he had a highly public career, the legendary musician was a quiet buyer of modern British artworks

It is eight months since the death of David Bowie, and the world is still struggling to make a rounded and accurate judgment on his life. It is not just because of the secretive nature of his demise, which was tightly controlled by Bowie himself, and hauntingly poignant. We are rightly certain of Bowie’s genius, but don’t yet know what to make of Bowie the man. How to reconcile the artistic persona, full of fearless gear shifts and raucous diversions, with the man who was, according to those who knew him best, quiet, intimate, gracious?...

Financial Times

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Ven 7 Oct - 14:38 (2016)    Sujet du message: Exhibition/auction of Bowie’s art collection Répondre en citant

SOTHEBY'S
BOWIE/COLLECTOR

Les catalogues sont en ligne !

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mer 12 Oct - 09:11 (2016)    Sujet du message: Sotheby’s Bowie/Collector catalogues online Répondre en citant

11 OCTOBER 2016

Sotheby’s Bowie/Collector catalogues online

“A love that will last within your art”

On the eve of the Sotheby’s Bowie/Collector Hong Kong highlights preview exhibition, the auction house has posted the three London catalogues for your perusal.

Part I: Modern & Contemporary Art, Evening Auction, 10 November
Catalogue #1
Part II: Modern & Contemporary Art, Day Auction, 11 November
Catalogue #2
Part III: Design: Ettore Sottsass and the Memphis Group, 11 November
Catalogue #3

From 1–10 November, the full collection will be exhibited at Sotheby’s New Bond Street galleries in London, giving fans, collectors, art lovers and experts a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to immerse themselves in the extraordinary range of objects that informed Bowie’s private world.

The London Exhibition:
    Tuesday 1 November, 12noon–5pm
    Wednesday 2 & Thursday 3 November, 9am–5pm
    Friday 4 November, 9am–5pm (with an all-night view)
    (Experience Sotheby’s after dark at the Bowie/Collector all night view and enjoy music, talks, film screenings and more*)
    Saturday 5 & Sunday 6 November, 10am–5pm
    (A weekend of talks dedicated to celebrating David Bowie’s life as an icon, musician and collector*)
    Monday 7 to Wednesday 9 November, 9am–5pm
    Thursday 10 November, 9am–12noon

* Details of events to be released shortly

All Auctions will be ticketed. To register your interest and for more information, please email: Bowie@sothebys.com

We’ll leave you with details of the Hong Kong highlights preview exhibition.

HONG KONG | 12–15 October
    5/F One Pacific Place
    88 Queensway, Hong Kong
    Opening hours:
    10 AM – 6 PM Wed-Fri
    11 AM – 5 PM Sat

Go here for more details.

#BowieCollector #BowieArt #BowieSothebys

davidbowie.com

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Jeu 20 Oct - 15:49 (2016)    Sujet du message: Exhibition/auction of Bowie’s art collection Répondre en citant

DAVID BOWIE PHOTOGRAPHED BY GAVIN EVANS, 1995. © GAVIN EVANS. COURTESY THE ARTIST.

BOWIE/COLLECTOR
Photographing Bowie – Gavin Evans on The Session
BY MARIKO FINCH | 19 OCT 2016

How did photographing Bowie in The Session come about?

The call came from Time Out magazine. Bowie was promoting the release of his album Outside and the shoot was scheduled for a Friday afternoon in July '95. Meeting him was confusing, it was as if I knew him already. He was so familiar I forgot what, not who he was. He greeted me as if he knew me too. There were no surprises, no diva, no division, no disappointment. The Starman was down to earth and stood right in front of me. David called me to the changing room and took me to one side. He put his hand in his pocket like a watch hawker reaching under his overcoat and pulled out a jewel case. Face-to-face, eye-to-eye, he held the box under my nose, undid the clasp and lifted the lid. A pair of sapphire blue contacts lenses stared back. Bowie was revered for his vision and foresight. He knew my work and knew I would see the subtle yet profound effect of this disguise; rendering his trademark eyes normal. I would be the first to shoot him wearing them; this would be a first for the both of us...

Sotheby's Blog

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mer 2 Nov - 12:25 (2016)    Sujet du message: Exhibition/auction of Bowie’s art collection Répondre en citant

L'affiche de la vente et exposition de la collection personnelle de David Bowie © AFP / ANGELA WEISS /

mercredi 2 novembre 2016
GRAND ANGLE

La collection d’œuvres d'art de David Bowie mise en vente le 10 novembre

Une partie de la succession de David Bowie dont la collection d'art sera mise en vente par Sotheby's les 10 et 11 novembre.

10 mois après sa mort, David Bowie continue d’attirer la foule. Cette fois-ci, c’est grâce à sa collection personnelle d’œuvres d’art qui a été dévoilée dans son intégralité hier, à la galerie Sotheby’s de Londres.

David Bowie a religieusement accumulées au cours de sa vie près de 350 œuvres d’art.Elles sont exposées pour le grand public pendant 10 jours, du jamais vu chez Sotheby’s à Londres qui attend un nombre record de visiteurs.

La collection découlait de ses intérêts et passions, mais la vraie raison derrière tout ça, c’était d’aider les artistes de l’avant garde britannique à percer à l’international.

L’œuvre star de la collection Bowie reste la toile de l'Américain Jean-Michel Basquiat, estimée à 4 millions d’euros.

France Inter

En écoute ici :

Soul-Duke

MessagePosté le: Mar 8 Nov - 11:49 (2016)    Sujet du message: Exhibition/auction of Bowie’s art collection Répondre en citant

Soul-Duke

MessagePosté le: Mar 8 Nov - 13:19 (2016)    Sujet du message: Exhibition/auction of Bowie’s art collection Répondre en citant

Beth Greenacre about Bowie and his art collection

http://www.sothebys.com/en/news-video/blogs/all-blogs/bowie-collector/2016/10/beth-greenacre-curating-bowies-collection.html

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 20:51 (2016)    Sujet du message: Exhibition/auction of Bowie’s art collection

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page: <  1, 2, 3, 4  >
Page 2 sur 4

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation