Manofmusic Index du Forum

Manofmusic
Espace consacré à David Bowie et à la Culture sous toutes ses formes

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

"Dandy" - Ian Hunter rend hommage en chanson à Bowie.

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Nightflight
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Dim 7 Aoû - 02:20 (2016)    Sujet du message: "Dandy" - Ian Hunter rend hommage en chanson à Bowie. Répondre en citant

La chanson à travers laquelle IAN HUNTER rend hommage à Bowie est intitulée DANDY et sortira dans le nouvel album de l'ancien leader de MOTT THE HOOPLE en Septembre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqA5aDBk2Zc

Les paroles :

DANDY

Something is happening – Mr. Jones
My brother says you’re better than the Beatles ‘n’ the Stones
Saturday nite ‘n’ Sunday morning
You turned us into ‘Heroes’ – can you hear the heroes sing?
Dandy – you’re the prettiest star
There ain’t no life on Mars
But we always thought there might be
Dandy – you opened up the door
You left us wanting more
And then we took the last bus home
Who let the Genie – outta the lamp?
And Little Lord Fauntleroy – who let him outta his amp?
Trevor’s getting’ bolder – ‘n’ Woody loves to hit things
Dandy – the world was black ‘n’ white
You showed us what it’s like
To live inside a rainbow
Dandy – you thrilled us to the core
You left us wanting more
And then we took the last bus home
You beat up Goliath – you had it all
The voice, the look, the songs that shook
The gift of the gab ‘n’ the gall
All we had to look forward to was the weekend
You made our lives worth living
Dandy - you’re still the prettiest star
There ain’t no life on Mars
But we always thought there might be
Dandy – You took us to the fair
Cabaret Voltaire – and then we caught the last bus home
Dandy – we’ve waited long enough
They should put a statue up
In Piccadilly Circus
Dandy – you blew us all away
Outta the drab ‘n’ the grey
And then we caught the last bus home
Dandy – the keeper of the flame
We won’t see your like again
No, Dandy was a one-off
Dandy – look what you’ve become
I guess I owe you one
So thanks for the memories

"I want to live"

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Dim 7 Aoû - 02:20 (2016)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
zanedog

MessagePosté le: Dim 7 Aoû - 10:34 (2016)    Sujet du message: "Dandy" - Ian Hunter rend hommage en chanson à Bowie. Répondre en citant

Ouais...Ian Hunter lui rend hommage et c'est classe de sa part.

Quand tu reçois All The Young Dudes en cadeau et qu'on te propose Drive-in Saturday en prime (que tu refuses par coquetterie), c'est chouette. Dandy, je t'en dois une...Je me souviens avoir lu qu'il parlait de Bowie comme un génie.

Ian Hunter témoigne en 2013 sur l'apport de Bowie :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopfeatures/10420935/Mott-t…

"By 1972, Mott were financially crippled and going nowhere. When they announced they were calling it a day, David Bowie, the world’s biggest new rock star on the back of his Ziggy Stardust album, came to their rescue.

“We’d split up in Switzerland, after this terrible gig in a converted gas cylinder. It was a relief, frankly, but then David turned it all back for us, because he liked the band and he didn’t want it to end. He sat on the floor at his publishing company’s offices with an acoustic guitar and played us All the Young Dudes. Nobody in the world had heard this song but us. We knew it was a smash, and he was giving it to us.

A regular presence in the charts, Mott the Hoople helped to define the glam-rock era. But, as the singer observes, “the glam thing really camouflaged what we were. It was a bit silly”.
Wearing platform boots and satin costumes didn’t sit well with Hunter. “It was even worse when you came down off the platforms,” he says. “When you’re up on them, you lean forwards, so your stomach looks small. When you come off them, you feel small and fat.”
Hunter’s book, Diary of a Rock & Roll Star, which was published at the height of his band’s popularity, was filled with acute observations on the emptiness of stardom.

While Bowie’s patronage had done so much to install Mott in that world, it was also his advice that led to their gradual demise. “He said to me, 'With you lot, you’re always arguing, and nobody’s answering. One of you has got to be the leader.’ So I went back to the band and said, 'David wants me to be the leader.’ Mick Ralphs [their guitarist] says, 'Like f--- you are’, and leaves.”

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 14:48 (2016)    Sujet du message: "Dandy" - Ian Hunter rend hommage en chanson à Bowie.

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation