Manofmusic Index du Forum

Manofmusic
Espace consacré à David Bowie et à la Culture sous toutes ses formes

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

★ shortlisted for 2016 Hyundai Mercury Prize

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 8 Aoû - 09:41 (2016)    Sujet du message: ★ shortlisted for 2016 Hyundai Mercury Prize Répondre en citant

4 AUGUST 2016

★ shortlisted for 2016 Hyundai Mercury Prize

“I’m a Blackstar”

It gives us much pleasure to announce that David Bowie’s ★ album has made the shortlist of twelve 2016 Hyundai Mercury Prize ‘Albums of the Year’.
The shortlist has just been revealed at a live launch by 6 Music’s Shaun Keaveny and live on Lauren Laverne’s show on BBC Radio 6 Music. Shaun said:

"Each year the 'Albums of the Year' highlight some of the best in British and Irish talent – and 2016 is already shaping up to be a brilliant year for music. It’s going to be a tough decision for the judges, so I’m glad I'm not one of them! I’m really looking forward to finding out this year’s shortlist."

And here’s that full 2016 judging panel who will be having to make those tough decisions...

Today the 2016 Hyundai Mercury Prize have announced that musician Jessie Ware, Jeff Smith Head of Music at 6 Music and Radio 2, broadcaster Clara Amfo, Phil Alexander Editor-in-Chief, Kerrang!, Mojo and Q, Harriet Gibsone Music News Editor at The Guardian/Guardian.com and Will Hodgkinson Chief Rock and Pop Critic at The Times will join former Mercury Prize winner Jarvis Cocker, musicians Kate Tempest and Jamie Cullum, Ellie Rowsell from Wolf Alice, producer Naughty Boy and broadcaster Annie Mac to complete this year’s judging panel.

Stay tuned for the full shortlist and to find out how you can take part in the online poll to vote for your favourite.

#BowieMercuryPrize

Official Hashtag: #MercuryPrize
Facebook: /MercuryPrize
Twitter: @MercuryPrize
Instagram: @mercuryprize

davidbowie.com

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 8 Aoû - 09:41 (2016)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 8 Aoû - 09:42 (2016)    Sujet du message: Vote for ★ in the 2016 Hyundai Mercury Prize Répondre en citant

4 AUGUST 2016

Vote for ★ in the 2016 Hyundai Mercury Prize

“Just go with me”

As we announced earlier today, David Bowie’s ★ album has made the shortlist of twelve 2016 Hyundai Mercury Prize ‘Albums of the Year’.
For the first time, an online vote will enable music fans to select the first of six 2016 finalists from the 12 ‘Albums of the Year’.

The online vote is open here now.

Voting for the Hyundai Mercury Prize is open to all residents of the UK. The voting closes at 11:59 p.m. GMT on Friday 12th August.

The 2016 Hyundai Mercury Prize ‘Albums of the Year’ are:

Anohni - 'Hopelessness'
    Bat For Lashes - 'The Bride'
    David Bowie - 'Blackstar'
    Jamie Woon - 'Making Time'
    Kano - 'Made in the Manor'
    Laura Mvula - 'The Dreaming Room'
    Michael Kiwanuka - 'Love & Hate'
    Radiohead - 'A Moon Shaped Pool'
    Savages - 'Adore Life'
    Skepta - 'Konnichiwa'
    The 1975 - 'I like it when you sleep, for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it'
    The Comet Is Coming - 'Channel the Spirits'

#MercuryPrize #BowieMercuryPrize

davidbowie.com

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Jeu 15 Sep - 16:55 (2016)    Sujet du message: ★ shortlisted for 2016 Hyundai Mercury Prize Répondre en citant

15 SEPTEMBER 2016

Reminder: 2016 Mercury Prize awards tonight

“If I did casually mention tonight, That would be crazy tonight”

A quick reminder that Michael C. Hall will be performing the song Lazarus with Henry Hey and the Lazarus house band as part of the 2016 Mercury Prize awards ceremony tonight (September 15th). The show will be broadcast live from the Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith on BBC 4 and BBC Radio 6 Music.

Here’s how to see and hear it.

Meanwhile, the Mercury Prize team have created a snazzy little video featuring Jonathan Barnbrook quotations about his design for David Bowie’s Mercury shortlisted album artwork for ★. View it here.

#MercuryPrize #BowieMercuryPrize #BowieBlackstar #Blackstar

davidbowie.com

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Jeu 15 Sep - 23:59 (2016)    Sujet du message: Skepta wins 2016 Mercury Prize Répondre en citant

15 SEPTEMBER 2016

Skepta wins 2016 Mercury Prize

“I’m a ★”

Congratulations are due to Skepta after he picked up the gong for his album Konnichiwa tonight.

Though ★ reached the final six, the North London-born grime star was pronounced the winner of the Album of the Year at the 2016 Mercury Prize awards ceremony, which was broadcast live from the Eventim Apollo in London. (Scene of Ziggy’s last stand in 1973.)

Michael C. Hall, Henry Hey and the Lazarus house band performed a moving rendition of Lazarus earlier in the evening (in front of a backdrop of the video of Bowie’s own version), which you can watch here. They returned for an even more emotionally charged second version later on.

Pulp front man, Jarvis Cocker, presented the award, but not before he explained how close the vote was...

“OK I have the result here. (Holds up envelope) But, I've got to tell you a little bit of a story before I let you know whose name is inside here. OK?

Now, myself and my fellow jurors, about four months ago we started off with 223 albums. We had to listen to those and that was whittled down to the twelve that you've seen performances from tonight. But in the end, the winner came down to a contest between two black stars.

And we as a jury decided (cries of “Blackstar”, not dissimilar to the “me, me, me” at the same venue in 1973), that if David Bowie was looking down on the Hammersmith Apollo tonight...and let's face it maybe he is, we've seen traces of his influence in many of the bands you've seen perform here tonight...if he was looking down at the Hammersmith Apollo tonight, he would want the 2016 Hyundai Mercury Prize to go to, (dramatic pause) Skepta.”

Skepta ended his acceptance speech and began his final performance with this: “Rest in peace David Bowie. Rest in peace Amy Winehouse.”

You can catch the full thing on the BBC iPlayer here.

#MercuryPrize #BowieMercuryPrize #BowieBlackstar #Blackstar #MercuryPrizeWinner

davidbowie.com

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 05:24 (2016)    Sujet du message: ★ shortlisted for 2016 Hyundai Mercury Prize

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation