Manofmusic Forum Index

Manofmusic
Espace consacré à David Bowie et à la Culture sous toutes ses formes

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Farewell to Lindsay Kemp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manofmusic Forum Index -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie
Previous topic :: Next topic  
lunamagic
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 27 Aug - 10:07 (2018)    Post subject: Farewell to Lindsay Kemp Reply with quote

August 25, 2018

Farewell to Lindsay Kemp

“Threepenny Pierrot, we love you”

Sad to report the passing of Lindsay Kemp, who died aged 80 on Friday night in the Italian port city of Livorno on the west coast of Tuscany.

Bowie fans will be most familiar with the dancer, mime artist and choreographer through his work with Bowie, particularly the Ziggy Stardust presentation at London's Rainbow Theatre in 1972. Mick Rock captured rehearsal footage of Lindsay and his troupe at rehearsals and utilised it in the quite beautiful, John, I'm Only Dancing video.

David had dance and mime lessons with Lindsay in Floral Street, Covent Garden, in 1967, later touring with him in Pierrot In Turquoise in the UK. The play contained a handful of Bowie originals (When I Live My Dream, Columbine, The Mirror and Threepeny Pierrot), and the performance was captured for posterity in a different 25 minute format for Scottish TV in 1970, wherein David performed When I Live My Dream up a step ladder as the character Cloud.

Read the full transcript of Michael Bonner’s interview with Lindsay Kemp about Bowie over at UNCUT.

Lindsay Kemp 3rd May 1938 - 24th August 2018

#BowieKemp

davidbowie.com

Last edited by lunamagic on Tue 28 Aug - 17:51 (2018); edited 1 time in total
Publicité

PostPosted: Mon 27 Aug - 10:07 (2018)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
lunamagic
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 27 Aug - 11:04 (2018)    Post subject: Farewell to Lindsay Kemp Reply with quote

LINDSAY KEMP (1938-2018)

Jack Sikora

PostPosted: Tue 28 Aug - 05:23 (2018)    Post subject: Farewell to Lindsay Kemp Reply with quote

Souvenir du passage de Lindsay Kemp et de sa troupe à l'ancien théâtre du huitième de Lyon (actuelle Maison de la Dance).Il y a quelques trente ans passé..
Je dois avoir encore quelques photos prises ce jour-là...quelque part dans mes cartons.

Soul-Duke

PostPosted: Sat 1 Sep - 07:49 (2018)    Post subject: Farewell to Lindsay Kemp Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/play/b0bgmxpz
I still adopt the view that music itself carries its own message. That’s why I’m furious you didn’t get to hear the album because the lyrics taken on their own are nothing without the secondary sub-text of what the musical arrangement has to say.

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 12:52 (2019)    Post subject: Farewell to Lindsay Kemp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manofmusic Forum Index -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create my own forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation