Manofmusic Index du Forum

Manofmusic
Espace consacré à David Bowie et à la Culture sous toutes ses formes

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Where Are We Now extrait du nouvel album de Bowie !!!
Aller à la page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 511, 12, 13  >

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Freddy

MessagePosté le: Mar 8 Jan - 21:31 (2013)    Sujet du message: Where Are We Now extrait du nouvel album de Bowie !!! Répondre en citant

Crying or Very sad

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 8 Jan - 21:31 (2013)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
avcsar
Invité

MessagePosté le: Mar 8 Jan - 22:21 (2013)    Sujet du message: Where Are We Now extrait du nouvel album de Bowie !!! Répondre en citant

------

Dernière édition par avcsar le Lun 28 Déc - 20:04 (2015); édité 1 fois
lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mar 8 Jan - 22:22 (2013)    Sujet du message: Where Are We Now extrait du nouvel album de Bowie !!! Répondre en citant

Maintenant, c'est dans le Soir 3 !

woland

MessagePosté le: Mar 8 Jan - 22:29 (2013)    Sujet du message: Where Are We Now extrait du nouvel album de Bowie !!! Répondre en citant

'dain dix ans !

Dix ans à n'écouter que lui, Outside sans overdose.

Et ce matin cette voix si mélancolique qui dit toute la peine qu'on a eu à penser à tous ceux qui nous ont quitté. et Berlin. Nomi.

Quelle classe.
Surtout pas de tournée. Que de belles surprises sans prix.

fullofzon

MessagePosté le: Mar 8 Jan - 22:36 (2013)    Sujet du message: Where Are We Now extrait du nouvel album de Bowie !!! Répondre en citant

hé hé sacré surprise pour moi aussi, et le jour de mon anniversaire !

Je m'étais résigné à considérer Reality comme un point final bien orchestré (cf vidéos liées à l'album), ne comprenant pourtant pas comment il pouvait rester dans le silence.

Quel plaisir que cette vidéo du nouveau single, si bien peaufinée que ça va permettre d'attendre le mois de mars (there is life on mars !!!)

chapeau, Monsieur David Bowie !

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mar 8 Jan - 22:53 (2013)    Sujet du message: Where Are We Now extrait du nouvel album de Bowie !!! Répondre en citant

8 January 2013 Last updated at 17:57 GMT

David Bowie releases first single in a decade

Watch a clip of Where Are We Now: video courtesy Sony Music

Singer David Bowie has released a new single on his 66th birthday, following years of silence and speculation.

The glam-rock legend has released the recording Where Are We Now? as a video and download. It will be followed by a new album, The Next Day, in March.

Bowie has not performed live since 2006 and has rarely been seen in public since then.

The new track was recorded in New York and produced by the singer's long-time collaborator Tony Visconti.

Speaking to the BBC, Visconti admitted that keeping the project a secret has been difficult.

"People have asked what I've been working on and I've said 'I can't tell you... a mystery project... Project X,' so its such a relief that its out on that level."

Visconti continued: "The material is so strong and beautiful - if people are looking for classic Bowie they'll find that on this album, but if they're looking for innovative Bowie, they'll find that on this album too. It's all there."

Bowie's long absence from the industry and heart surgery in 2004 had prompted speculation about his health. However, Visconti insisted the singer "is extremely healthy and rosy cheeked."

"His stamina is fantastic," he added.

The single's appearance online was "a genuine surprise", said John Wilson, presenter of BBC Radio 4's Front Row.

"He's a proper artist. He doesn't release records because it's time for another record. He releases records when there's something for him to say."

Where Are We Now? is a simple, unfussy ballad - Bowie singing mournfully over a piano motif that slowly builds to an understated coda.

The song includes several references to the city of Berlin, where Bowie and Visconti produced a critically-acclaimed trilogy of albums - Low, Heroes and Lodger - in the 1970s.

"If you listen to each of the verses, there are lyrical references to Berlin, to Potsdamer Platz, to Nuremberg Strasse," said Wilson. "Places where he lived when he was making those albums. And there is an elegiac quality. There's a sadness, I think. A weariness to his voice."

The artwork for the new album, which has surfaced on iTunes, is an altered version of the cover to Heroes, suggesting a further connection to the Berlin Trilogy.

'Mystique'

By breaking his 10-year musical silence, Bowie unsurprisingly prompted a flurry of praise on Twitter.

"I'm so insanely excited," journalist Caitlin Moran wrote. "It's like hearing King Arthur's voice from the cave."

Comedian David Walliams added: "I love that Bowie has kept his mystique. No word from him for years and then out of nowhere this beautiful song appears.

"I wonder whether Bowie will go on Loose Women to promote it?"

Music fan Chris Lilley wrote: "It's quite an elaborate way to apologise for not performing at the Olympics."

While Bowie's son, film director Duncan Jones, chipped in: "Would be lovely if all of you could spread the word about da's new album. First in ten years, and its a good 'un!"

Acknowledging the stealthy release of the single, the pop star's press representative said in a statement: "Throwing shadows and avoiding the industry treadmill is very David Bowie".

The Space Oddity star, it continued, was "the kind of artist who writes and performs what he wants when he wants".

Where Are We Now? is accompanied by a video directed by multimedia and installation artist Tony Oursler, which harks back to Bowie's time in Berlin.

The promo, which can be viewed via the singer's website, features his face projected onto the body of a puppet.

The face of a woman is projected onto the mannequin beside him, with Bowie appearing in more conventional form later on in the video, clutching a notebook and wearing a T-shirt with the logo for the classic operetta Song Of Norway.

Bowie, who was last reported to be living in New York with his wife and daughter, has not released material since his 2003 album Reality.

In September, the singer denied reports he was involved in an upcoming exhibition at the Victoria and Albert museum in London charting his career.

Analysis

Paul Trynka
Author, David Bowie - The Definitive Biography

David Bowie has confounded expectations countless times since he shot into public consciousness with Space Oddity. Now, after a retirement that seemed worryingly permanent, he surprises once more with a new sentiment: Nostalgia.

Released on his 66th birthday, his first new song in almost exactly 10 years is filled with imagery of Berlin, the city to which he disappeared in 1976 to record his most enduringly influential albums, including the electronic masterpiece, Low.

Where Are We Now reunites Bowie with producer Tony Visconti, a key figure on Low, but where their 70s collaborations were angular, harsh, forward-looking, this new single is reflective, sweeter in tone - yet also haunting and full of doubt.

The lyrics directly reference Bowie's Berlin haunts: The KaDeWe department store where he shopped, the Dschungel club where he hung out with wildchild artist Martin Kippenberger, and the apartment on Haupstrasse which he shared with fellow rock'n'roll refugee Iggy Pop. The tone is downbeat, the melody dark, until finally he evokes the fall of the Berlin wall in 1989. This was a barrier few thought could be crossed - now Bowie addresses his own unthinkable barrier, the gulf between the ambitious 30 year old, and the reflective senior citizen.

Age, mortality, has certainly mellowed him; the recording is lush, perhaps conventional, reminiscent of Heathen and Reality, albums Bowie recorded with Visconti just before the heart attack which forced him to abandon a world tour in June 2004.

The recent flurry of excitement around the re-release of Ziggy Stardust reminded us of Bowie the ambitious young buck, intent on making his mark. Where Are We Now? is a haunting depiction of the doubt that always lay behind that youthful arrogance; today he might be older, damaged, but he has the confidence of a man with nothing to prove.

BBC News

tom

MessagePosté le: Mar 8 Jan - 23:18 (2013)    Sujet du message: Where Are We Now extrait du nouvel album de Bowie !!! Répondre en citant

Après plusieurs écoutes.
J'aime beaucoup l'ambiance du chant. Ca hante longtemps.
La composition est équilibrée, ce qui m'a toujours plu (et influencé) chez lui.
Mais pourquoi la fin est-elle bradée ?
Ca pourrait aller beaucoup plus loin, continuer cette montée mais non, fade out et hop la c'est fini.
C'est pour ça que je n'écoute plus beaucoup de pop (rock) : on va rarement au bout des choses.
Ca n'enlève rien à l'évenement et ma joie mais artistiquement c'est en demie teinte.
C'est FRUSTRANT.

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mar 8 Jan - 23:38 (2013)    Sujet du message: Where Are We Now extrait du nouvel album de Bowie !!! Répondre en citant

(Click to watch the video)

David Bowie's producer Tony Visconti on the new album

8 January 2013 Last updated at 21:13 GMT

Music producer Tony Visconti has worked with David Bowie frequently over the past four decades. The pair have spent the past two years working on the new album.

He told the BBC he was surprised by Bowie's choice of Where Are We Now? for the first single, saying it was far more reflective than the rest of the album.

Replying to rumours about the singer's health, Mr Visconti said Bowie is "very healthy... rosy-cheeked... I worked with a very happy David Bowie in the studio."

Footage courtesy Sony. Let's Dance courtesy EMI

BBC News

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mar 8 Jan - 23:53 (2013)    Sujet du message: Where Are We Now extrait du nouvel album de Bowie !!! Répondre en citant

Jacqueline Humphries (qui apparait auprès de Bowie dans la vidéo de Where Are We Now?) avec son mari Tony Oursler (le réalisateur du clip).

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mar 8 Jan - 23:59 (2013)    Sujet du message: Where Are We Now extrait du nouvel album de Bowie !!! Répondre en citant

David Bowie - Where Are They Now
(BBC News report)

halloweenduke

MessagePosté le: Mer 9 Jan - 00:02 (2013)    Sujet du message: Where Are We Now extrait du nouvel album de Bowie !!! Répondre en citant

putain, comment ils ont fait pour que ca fuite pas! imagine le controle..Itunes, Sony, personnel studio..pas une micro rumeur en 2 ans:!  chapeau bas

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mer 9 Jan - 08:53 (2013)    Sujet du message: Where Are We Now extrait du nouvel album de Bowie !!! Répondre en citant

Sound And Vision ... David Bowie plays banjo during recording of new album

A Heroes welcome
– David Bowie releases first single in 10 years
– Stunned fans go mad for song about wild Berlin days

By GORDON SMART, Showbiz Editor

DAVID BOWIE stunned the world at 5am yesterday – the day he celebrated turning 66 years young – by returning with his first single for a decade.

Where Are We Now? immediately shot to No2 in the iTunes chart, with a fresh album, called The Next Day, to follow on March 11.

It was met by a huge burst of overjoyed reaction from fans and celebrities on social networking sites and the net.

The Thin White Duke ... David Bowie

Among those getting excited about Bowie’s comeback were comedian David Walliams, singer Boy George and chat king Jonathan Ross. Bowie’s wife Iman also tweeted a message.

The track listing for the new album, with 14 new songs and 17 in the deluxe edition, was published on iTunes so fans could order a copy in advance.

But it also provided vital clues for his legion of global followers to work out the significance of the unexpected release.

The album’s artwork points heavily to his seminal album Heroes, from October 1977, using the collection’s original cover with a simple label obscuring his face which bares its title, The Next Day. The word Heroes is struck out.

New album ... The Next Day is Bowie's first in a decade

The single, Where Are We Now?, harks back to one of his most creative periods, when he was recording his so-called Berlin Trilogy — Low, Heroes and Lodger.

The emotional song is an ode to his time in Berlin, mentioning the city’s nightclub Dschungel, where he used to hang out with rock wildman Iggy Pop, and strolling around the iconic Potsdamer Platz.

The Bowie of today, a pensioner who leads a quiet and almost reclusive life in New York, retraces his footsteps and muses about what would have happened the day after he recorded Heroes.

Berlin era masterpiece ... album cover for David Bowie's Heroes

Yesterday the net was buzzing about his “matured” voice. But the ethereal tones only added to the haunting ambience of the song.

Bowie sings the chorus, forlornly and seemingly confused: “Where are we now? Where are we now?”

The song was recorded in New York but the video was filmed in Berlin. The camera roams the same neighbourhood where Bowie lived in the late Seventies and the singer is seen looking in on the car repair shop beneath his old apartment.

In the promo Bowie’s head, bizarrely sitting atop the body of a stuffed animal on a shelf, mouths the lyrics. Next to him is another stuffed toy with a woman’s head. She never utters a word but occasionally gives Bowie a sideways glance.

Incognito ... David Bowie now lives a quiet life in New York

There was instant speculation about the identity of the woman — with many leaping to the WRONG conclusion that it was eccentric Icelandic singer Bjork.

The woman is Jacqueline Humphries, the wife of director Tony Oursler, and an artist in her own right.

Tony Visconti, whose work with Bowie over the decades has been some of the singer’s best, is back for production.

A new portrait of Bowie was also released yesterday as part of the brilliantly executed, secretive release strategy.

And for all the speculation about ill health, Bowie looks in remarkably good nick for a man in his late sixties who spent most his life smoking three packs of Marlboro a day.

The biggest question on everybody’s lips now is whether the Thin White Duke will make a triumphant return to the stage.

The legendary singer has not performed live for seven years and there had been speculation he had retired for good due to ill health.

David Bowie is back with first single in a decade
WATCH excerpt of 66-year-old glam-rock legend's latest track Where Are We Now?

Bowie has not sung on stage since a charity concert in New York in 2006.

He even ignored a personal plea from director fan Danny Boyle to appear at last year’s London Olympic Games Opening Ceremony.

Last night representatives of the Brixton-born musician, who had emergency heart surgery in 2004, said there “were no plans” for live gigs.

That didn’t stop the rumour mill speculating about possible headline slots including Glastonbury and his own residency at London’s O2 Arena.

Fans were already looking forward to a major Bowie exhibition at London’s Victoria & Albert museum in March, which will look back at a career that is now in its sixth decade.

Stage attack ... lollipop lands in Bowie's eye during 2004 gig in Oslo
Rex Features

Bowie has sold more than 140million albums since he released his debut, David Bowie, in 1967.

He has gone through several musical and image changes during that time, working under the pseudonyms Ziggy Stardust and the Thin White Duke.

Most Bowie observers expected him to maintain his media silence and live quietly with his family in New York.

But yesterday’s events proved there are plenty more Golden Years to come.

myView

By BOY GEORGE, Singer and Bowie fan

I DOWNLOADED the new single at 7.30am. I got emotional listening to it. It’s sentimental and romantic and personal and honest.

I first went to see him in concert in Lewisham in 1973 when I was 11.

He was somebody to identify with. I grew up in grim suburbia and Bowie was the light at the end of the tunnel.

I realised I wasn’t the only person who was different in the world. The music also shaped so much of my life.

He is effortlessly cool. I got famous in the decade when everything was about explaining yourself and all the mystery went out the window. He had this sexually ambiguous aura.

I think he will still appeal to young audiences. Anyone wanting to be a rock ’n’ roll star should listen to the Ziggy Stardust album.

I stalked him for years and met him a few times before I became known. Later I got invited to a dinner with him and his wife Iman in New York. I spent the night discussing Russian art movies, obscure bands and EastEnders.

He was charming and didn’t disappoint me in any way.

myView

By DYLAN JONES, GQ Editor and author of book on Bowie

YESTERDAY at 6am my world turned upside down. Having been a lifelong David Bowie fan, I was sent an email from his manager saying Bowie was releasing his first record for ten years.

For me, this was like Eric Cantona returning to Man United, Robert De Niro reprising his role in Taxi Driver.

Bowie was to the Seventies what the Beatles were to the Sixties. He fused music with fashion and created a world that would soon be filled by Boy George, then Madonna and Lady Gaga.

But then, on tour in Germany, in 2004, he suffered a heart attack and since then has been a virtual recluse.

I would occasionally hear that Bowie was thinking of talking whenever I asked for an interview, then nothing.

I began to imagine something awful had happened to him. I wondered if, having been one of the best-looking men, he couldn’t face getting older.

To judge from the video of Where Are We Now? he hasn’t lost his looks or his talent.

g.smart@the-sun.co.uk

The Sun

Dernière édition par lunamagic le Mer 9 Jan - 09:02 (2013); édité 1 fois
cm

MessagePosté le: Mer 9 Jan - 09:02 (2013)    Sujet du message: Where Are We Now extrait du nouvel album de Bowie !!! Répondre en citant

Bowie 2013. No empieza mal, ¿verdad?
=> http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2013/01/08/cultura/1357638707.html

David Bowie saca nuevo disco después de una década en blanco
=> http://www.lavanguardia.com/cultura/20130108/54358714360/david-bowie-nuevo-disco.html

David Bowie ya no está desaparecido
=> http://cultura.elpais.com/cultura/2013/01/08/actualidad/1357634260_527985.h…

David Bowie vuelve tras una década
=> http://www.elperiodico.com/es/noticias/ocio-y-cultura/david-bowie-vuelve-tr…

ghanima

MessagePosté le: Mer 9 Jan - 11:43 (2013)    Sujet du message: Where Are We Now extrait du nouvel album de Bowie !!! Répondre en citant

Hey !

Pour ceux qui en douté, the Next Day sortira en vinyle et en CD standard et Deluxe !
http://www.recordstore.co.uk/search.html?term=the next day

Tony Levin est à la basse sur Where Are We Now : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tony-Levin-Official-Page/115321604133
Zachary Alford on drums : https://www.facebook.com/zachary.alford.3?fref=ts

Ainsi que Earl Slick d'après son Twitter, et je pense aussi, Gerry & Gail !  Very Happy

Dernière édition par ghanima le Mer 9 Jan - 11:54 (2013); édité 1 fois
Visiter le site web du posteur
Denis974

MessagePosté le: Mer 9 Jan - 11:49 (2013)    Sujet du message: Where Are We Now extrait du nouvel album de Bowie !!! Répondre en citant

tom a écrit:
Après plusieurs écoutes.
J'aime beaucoup l'ambiance du chant. Ca hante longtemps.
La composition est équilibrée, ce qui m'a toujours plu (et influencé) chez lui.
Mais pourquoi la fin est-elle bradée ?
Ca pourrait aller beaucoup plus loin, continuer cette montée mais non, fade out et hop la c'est fini.
C'est pour ça que je n'écoute plus beaucoup de pop (rock) : on va rarement au bout des choses.
Ca n'enlève rien à l'évenement et ma joie mais artistiquement c'est en demie teinte.
C'est FRUSTRANT.

Exactement comme la fin de la chanson Heathen. La frustration, Bowie aime ça, j'ai l'impression.

Ceci dit Heathen est une très bonne chanson, comme Where are we now, à mon avis.

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 12:34 (2016)    Sujet du message: Where Are We Now extrait du nouvel album de Bowie !!!

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 511, 12, 13  >
Page 4 sur 13

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation