Manofmusic Index du Forum

Manofmusic
Espace consacré à David Bowie et à la Culture sous toutes ses formes

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie
Aller à la page: <  1, 2, 3119, 120, 121154, 155, 156  >

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 31 Aoû - 19:34 (2015)    Sujet du message: John Legend, David Bowie among star-studded writers for 'SpongeBob' musical Répondre en citant

This image released by Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon Movies shows characters, from left,
Squidward Tentacles, SpongeBob SquarePants, Sandy Cheeks, and Mr. Krabs in a scene from
'The Spongebob Movie: Sponge Out of Water.' (AP / Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon Movies)

John Legend, David Bowie among star-studded writers for 'SpongeBob' musical

Mark Kennedy, The Associated Press
Published Monday, August 31, 2015 1:07PM EDT

NEW YORK - There's a "SpongeBob" musical in the works but the music is no kiddie stuff.

Nickelodeon said Monday it will produce the world premiere of "The SpongeBob Musical" in Chicago next summer with original songs from John Legend, David Bowie, Cyndi Lauper, Dirty Projectors, The Flaming Lips, T.I., Plain White T's, They Might Be Giants, Lady Antebellum, Panic! At the Disco, and Aerosmith's Steven Tyler and Joe Perry.

It is co-conceived and directed by Tina Landau with a book by Kyle Jarrow and music supervision by Tom Kitt. The show will play Chicago's Oriental Theatre starting June 7 with an eye to Broadway.

Producers call it "a rousing tale of a simple sea sponge who faces the unfathomable. It's a celebration of unbridled hope, unexpected heroes, and pure theatrical invention."

CTV News

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 31 Aoû - 19:34 (2015)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Domi

MessagePosté le: Mar 1 Sep - 12:47 (2015)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

Est-ce à dire qu'il va monter déguisé sur scène? Shocked

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mer 2 Sep - 01:33 (2015)    Sujet du message: Flashback: David Bowie Strips Back 'Heroes' for the Bridge School Répondre en citant

David Bowie Kevin Mazur/Getty

Flashback: David Bowie Strips Back 'Heroes' for the Bridge School

Watch an acoustic rendition of the classic from the annual fundraising concert in 1996

BY ANDY GREENE | September 1, 2015

Neil Young's annual Bridge School Benefit always has a stellar lineup, but in 1996 it was particularly strong with David Bowie, Pearl Jam, Pete Townshend, Patti Smith, Neil Young and Crazy Horse, Billy Idol, Bonnie Raitt and Cowboy Junkies all on the bill. Bowie had just wrapped up a tour in support of his industrial album Outside, but for the Bridge School he parred down his band to just bassist Gail Ann Dorsey and guitarist Reeves Gabrels. For percussion, Bowie taped a bottle cap to the bottom of his shoe and tapped his foot...

Rolling Stone

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Jeu 3 Sep - 09:30 (2015)    Sujet du message: Maria Schneider on working with David Bowie Répondre en citant

Photo by Briene Lermitte

Maria Schneider on her hometown of Windom, leading the band and working with David Bowie

By Pamela Espeland | 09/02/15

MP: You recently worked with David Bowie. How did that happen, and what was it like?

MS: He contacted me about a song he had started. He had another one, too, but I didn’t have time for two. I was getting ready to record my new album, and I wasn’t even sure I had time for one, but he brought it over and we sat and listened to it to see if we could do something with it together and have me arrange it for my band.

[Note: The song became “Sue (or In a Season of Crime),” the first track and only new song on Bowie’s career-spanning, three-CD collection “Nothing Has Changed,” released Nov. 17. Bowie posted the song on YouTube.]

I sat at the piano and played around with harmony a bit and said, “Maybe I can imagine doing something with this.” We got together several times and fooled around with ideas. I would work on some things, and he would, and then we’d share them, and he would say “I love that” or “No, I don’t like that” … [And eventually] we went into the studio and recorded.

He changed all the lyrics at the end. I never really knew what the lyrics were. I kind of knew the direction the song was taking, but then that changed, and it became about Sue getting murdered for cheating. He wanted it to be really dark.

I thought – oh my gosh, am I going to get a lot of flack for contributing to a song about a man murdering a woman? But I didn’t write the lyrics. And it does sound rather good.

MP: Do you think that was a one-off?

MS: He has talked about doing something together again, so maybe we will do more. I would enjoy it. I think we collaborated really well, and he loved working with the band. He’s a great fan of music – many kinds of music. He’s so brilliant it’s scary. He knows so much music and so many things – art and books and just everything, and he loves jazz.

He really likes my dark music. I was talking earlier about my music going to this bright place after Brazil. Who knows? He might have brought my dark side out. That’s one of the last things I wrote before I started working on the new record. Maybe my music will get incredibly dark now, because it was sort of fun.

MinnPost

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Jeu 3 Sep - 22:36 (2015)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

Le Parisien
Jeudi 3 septembre 2015

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Sam 5 Sep - 11:00 (2015)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

Sept. 3 in photos: Japanese prince on horseback, David Bowie on ‘Good Morning America’

1980 | David Bowie prepares for an appearance on ABC’s ''Good Morning America'' in New York.

The Washington Post

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 7 Sep - 06:25 (2015)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

Life With Ziggy Stardust: A Legendary Music Lensman on Shooting David Bowie

SEPTEMBER 6, 2015 9:00 AM
by Kristin Anderson

At times it’s easy to forget that David Bowie is not, in fact, a lean, extraterrestrial rock god sent down to bless us mortals with the gift of glam. Not so, one assumes, for Mick Rock, who bore more intimate witness to Bowie the Man than perhaps any other living lensman. From 1972 to 1973, while Bowie was in the throes of the glittering, feline Ziggy Stardust persona, Rock served as his official photographer. That period is now the subject of Taschen’s new epic coffee-table book, Mick Rock: Shooting for Stardust, The Rise of David Bowie & Co., coming out later this month, along with an accompanying show at the publisher’s Los Angeles gallery on September 9...

Vogue

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mar 8 Sep - 21:57 (2015)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

See Iconic David Bowie Photos From Ziggy Stardust Era

Photograher Mick Rock's new book 'The Rise of David Bowie: 1972-1973' features previously unseen photos of the legend

By Rolling Stone | September 8, 2015

From 1972 to 1973, Mick Rock served as David Bowie's official photographer, capturing the rocker as he rose to fame via his otherworldly alter-ego Ziggy Stardust. Rock's tour of duty resulted in numerous famous — and not so famous — pictures, many of which have been collected in a new numbered limited-edition photo book, The Rise of David Bowie: 1972-1973. Due out later this month via Taschen, the 310-page tome is co-signed by Bowie and Rock and features a host of iconic images of the legend along with lots of previously unseen ones. We recently chatted with the photographer about the book and his long relationship with Bowie, and in the gallery that follows, he shares with us some of his favorite photos from the era...

Rolling Stone

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mer 9 Sep - 08:19 (2015)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

ON THIS DATE (37 YEARS AGO)
September 8, 1978 - David Bowie: Stage is released.

# ALL THINGS MUSIC PLUS+ 4/5
# Allmusic 2/5
# Rolling Stone (see original review below)

Stage is David Bowie's second live album, released on September 8, 1978. It reached #44 on the Billboard 200 Top LP's chart, and #5 on the UK Albums chart.

The recording was culled from concerts in Philadelphia, Providence and Boston, USA. It primarily included material from Bowie's most recent studio albums to that date, Station to Station, Low and "Heroes" but, in a surprise show of nostalgia, also featured five songs from The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars. Aside from Bowie's core team of Carlos Alomar, Dennis Davis and George Murray, band members included ex Frank Zappa sideman Adrian Belew on guitar, Simon House from Hawkwind on electric violin, Roger Powell, best known for his work with Todd Rundgren in the group Utopia, on keyboards and Sean Mayes on piano, string ensemble and backup vocals. All would reunite the following year on Bowie's next studio LP, Lodger.

Generally considered more relaxed than Bowie's previous live album, David Live (1974), Stage was praised on its initial vinyl release for the fidelity with which the band was able to emulate in concert the electronic and effects-filled numbers from Low and "Heroes", as well as for the singer's vocal performance. However it was criticised for lacking a 'live' atmosphere, thanks to the recording being largely taken from direct instrument and microphone feeds which increased sound quality but minimised crowd noise. The original concert running order was also changed, with fades between tracks similar to a studio album.

As Bowie rarely tampered with the arrangements – in contrast to his method on David Live – Stage added little to what was available on the original albums, and hence was seen by some commentators as simply a marketing exercise that did not do justice to a memorable series of live concerts. Even the cover picture came in for criticism, more so because the rest of the package contained only variations of the same shot.

ORIGINAL ROLLING STONE REVIEW
Though Stage was obviously put together for purely commercial reasons–to regain for the Thin White Duke the audience he's lost since becoming the Thin White Computer–it's a curiously uncompromising album. With the exception of the furiously energetic "Hang On to Yourself," the Ziggy Stardust songs designed to suck in the dollars are given dispassionate, let's-get-this-over-with treatment. "Fame," another popular number, is attractive and glossy, but doesn't add anything to the original.

Paradoxically, it's on the electronic cuts from Low and "Heroes," and on the title track from Station to Station, that David Bowie really delivers–and more warmly than he ever has on record. Live, the new material comes clearly into focus: it's as if the built-in drama of concert presentation has given these songs the added dimensions they needed. The long instrumental, "Warszawa," boasts an icy magnificence, and "Speed of Life" bounces along as merrily as some imagined, futuristic Pepsi-Cola jingle. The whole of side four ("'Heroes,'" "What in the World," "Blackout," "Beauty and the Beast") is almost perfect, as Bowie plays–and plays with–the role of a Sinatra-like romantic crooner. There's also a raucous, very funny version of "TVC 15," with singer and band trading yodels like mad mountaineers on a binge.

Shelving his recent "I'm just an average bloke with a synthesizer in me pocket" pose, Bowie here presents himself as a superbly professional entertainer–and one whose graceful clarity is a welcome antidote to the messy hash of 1974's David Live. Whether he'll be able to merge this stance with the avant-garde experimentalism of his current music is still uncertain. But I can't think of another performer with sufficient bravery to challenge a rock audience to sit still long enough to watch him try.
~ Tom Carson (November 30, 1978)

TRACKS:
All tracks written by David Bowie except where noted.
Side one
"Hang on to Yourself" – 3:26
"Ziggy Stardust" – 3:32
"Five Years" – 3:58
"Soul Love" – 2:55
"Star" – 2:31

Side two
"Station to Station" – 8:55
"Fame" (Bowie, Carlos Alomar, John Lennon) – 4:06
"TVC 15" – 4:37

Side three
"Warszawa" (Bowie, Brian Eno) – 6:50
"Speed of Life" – 2:44
"Art Decade" – 3:10
"Sense of Doubt" – 3:13
"Breaking Glass" (Bowie, Dennis Davis, George Murray) – 3:28

Side four
""Heroes"" (Bowie, Eno) – 6:19
"What in the World" – 4:24
"Blackout" – 4:01
"Beauty and the Beast" – 5:08

All Things Music Plus

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Jeu 10 Sep - 09:45 (2015)    Sujet du message: Iman on Racism in the Fashion Industry, David Bowie and More Répondre en citant

Michael Priest

Sep 9, 2015 @ 7:00 PM

Iman on Racism in the Fashion Industry, David Bowie and More

The makeup mogul and former supermodel sits down for "Fashion Icons with Fern Mallis."

By Julie Kosin

Fern Mallis kicked off her fifth year of "Fashion Icons with Fern Mallis" at NYC's 92Y with a bang last night—she brought out supermodel-turned-makeup mogul Iman for a Q&A session on topics ranging from her turbulent childhood as the daughter of a Somalian diplomat and being discovered on the street by photographer Peter Beard to her battle against racism in the fashion industry and her marriage to David Bowie. Read on for the highlights from the chat.

On being married to David Bowie: Funny enough, he goes to museums, shows, music shows, especially young musicians that he likes, he takes his kid to school…I'm not married to David Bowie, I'm married to David Jones. I've never had members of the press in my apartment. At home, it's home. You retain the difference between a person and a persona. And people say, "Oh, you can't have a private life." If you want it, you can.

Harper's Bazaar

Iman credits Christie Brinkley for her baby with David Bowie

By Carlos Greer September 9, 2015 | 9:36pm

Iman credits Christie Brinkley for helping her conceive her only child with David Bowie in 2000.

The iconic supermodel told Fern Mallis at the 92nd Street Y, “We were at this shoot for American Vogue. Christie walked in. She had her baby. So, I said, ‘There is an African proverb that says that if you carry another woman’s child for a day, you’ll get pregnant.’ And she said, ‘Here!’ So, I say it took two blondes to get me pregnant: Christie and David. It is a miracle.”

New York Post - Page Six

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Jeu 10 Sep - 13:04 (2015)    Sujet du message: British Music Experience show moving to Liverpool and bringing David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust costumes with it Répondre en citant

British Music Experience show moving to Liverpool and bringing David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust costumes with it

06:00, 10 SEPTEMBER 2015 BY CATHERINE JONES

Cunard Building base for exhibition formerly at 02 Arena

Britain’s only museum dedicated to popular music is set to make its new home in Liverpool.

The British Music Experience is heading for the Cunard Building after five years at London’s 02, where it had more than 500k visitors to see exhibits such as Bowie's Ziggy Stardust costumes...

The collection includes some of David Bowie’s Ziggy Stardust costumes and the original handwritten lyrics to Blue Monday by New Order...

Liverpool Echo

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Sam 12 Sep - 19:33 (2015)    Sujet du message: From Somebody To Nobody - David Bowie Répondre en citant

From Somebody To Nobody - David Bowie

Un nouveau bouquin de Philippe Auliac en préparation.

axmag.com

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Dim 13 Sep - 08:08 (2015)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

Photographer Mick Rock Talks 'The Rise Of David Bowie,' How He Changed Culture Forever

By Steve Baltin | September 11, 2015 9:29 PM EDT

When photographer Mick Rock was first approached by TASCHEN Books in 2012 about doing a David Bowie book, he dismissed the idea. He felt he and his longtime friend had already done that project with 2002's Moonage Daydream.

However, editor Reule Golden continued to pursue the project and three years later, The Rise Of David Bowie, a gorgeous coffee table limited edition collection starting at $700 is about to be released.

The book was celebrated Wednesday night in Los Angeles with a party at the publishing house's Los Angeles gallery. Before a scene that brought 600 people into the venue and a line down the block, Billboard sat down with Rock and Golden to discuss what made Bowie such a great photography subject and what it means to get Bowie's blessing on a project.

How long has The Rise Of David Bowie been in progress?

Mick Rock: It was actually Reule here that contacted me and said, "How would you feel about doing a book on Bowie? And I thought, "We've done it, David and I did it years ago." He said, "But we want to do ours." I was being dismissive, but I had other things on my mind. Suddenly a contract popped up. There was nothing wrong with the contract other than the fact I wasn't going to do the book without getting David on board. So I approached him, I never presume with David -- David's David, he does what he wants.... Once he said yes, everything was signed on pretty quickly. The big thing for me, and for David, was that the book had to have a load of previously unseen pictures.

What was the response when David said yes?

Rock: I don't presume, even though I've known him all these years. I was certainly not going to say, 'Well, David will do this.' They were prepared to do the book with just me...

Billboard

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Dim 13 Sep - 16:53 (2015)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

En attendant le coffret Five Years, j'essaye d'imaginer ce que sera le deuxième volume :

[ GOLDEN YEARS 1974-1979 ]

The second in a series of David Bowie Box Sets

A 10 album set featuring 6 original studio albums & 3 live albums on CD & 180g audiophile vinyl

Plus, exclusive to the Box Sets:

Re:Call 2: a new 2-disc compilation of non-album singles & b-sides.

The CD & Vinyl box sets come with a companion book featuring memorabilia, rare and previously unseen photos, hand written lyrics, original album press reviews and essays from the original album producers

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mar 15 Sep - 17:16 (2015)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 05:06 (2017)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page: <  1, 2, 3119, 120, 121154, 155, 156  >
Page 120 sur 156

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation