Manofmusic Index du Forum

Manofmusic
Espace consacré à David Bowie et à la Culture sous toutes ses formes

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie
Aller à la page: <  1, 2, 312, 13, 14148, 149, 150  >

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Ven 16 Déc - 19:44 (2011)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

Si Objects ne sort qu'en 2012, peut-être que c'est Hunky Dory qui est à l'origine du prochain relooking de Bnet !
C'est demain le 40ème anniversaire de l'album, c'est peut-être aussi demain que sort le coffret collector 2CD+DVD+livret de 150 pages !
Ben quoi, on peut rêver ! Wink

Dernière édition par lunamagic le Ven 16 Déc - 23:47 (2011); édité 1 fois
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven 16 Déc - 19:44 (2011)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
RedSails

MessagePosté le: Ven 16 Déc - 20:21 (2011)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

Et à l’occasion de ce 40e anniversaire, on peut écouter en podcasting sur Classic 21, le making of de l’album Hunky Dory  …

http://www.rtbf.be/radio/podcast/player?id=1487803

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Sam 17 Déc - 00:31 (2011)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

Merci !
Dommage, les podcasts des Making Of de Young Americans, Low, Heroes, Lodger, Outside et For Your Pleasure ne sont plus disponibles ! Sad

RedSails

MessagePosté le: Sam 17 Déc - 09:46 (2011)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

Les making of ne sont disponibles que durant 1 mois à dater de leur diffusion sur Canal 21.
Ici, retrouvé sur un blog, le making of de Aladdin Sane :
http://www.blog.live7.info/podcasts/

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Sam 17 Déc - 10:14 (2011)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

J'ai retrouvé le Making Of de Station To Station sur mon disque dur ! Smile

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mer 21 Déc - 20:08 (2011)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

Top of the Pops Christmas Special to broadcast ‘lost’ David Bowie footage
Date: 21.12.2011

Some ‘lost’ archive footage of David Bowie performing The Jean Genie in 1973 on the BBC’s seminal pop programme Top of the Pops is to be broadcast on TV for the first time in almost 40 years. Top of the Pops Christmas Special (BBC Two, Wednesday 21 December 2011, 7.30pm) is to show the rarely seen performance which had previously been considered lost.

Cameraman John Henshall from Oxfordshire had kept a copy of Bowie’s appearance and had not realised the footage had been wiped from the BBC Archive and was highly sought after. David Bowie’s performance of The Jean Genie was recorded on 3 January 1973 and transmitted the following day and has not been broadcast on TV since.

The lost footage first came to light when John appeared on BBC Radio 2’s Johnnie Walker’s Sounds of the 70s on Sunday 18 September, recalling his memories of the decade, including his time as cameraman on Top of the Pops.

The producer of BBC Four’s forthcoming documentary Tales of Television Centre heard John on Sounds of the 70s and arranged to transfer the footage and it was only then that John realised what he had.

Mark Cooper, Executive Producer of Top of the Pops 2 said: “Bowie singing The Jean Genie is electric and the kind of piece of archive that not only brings back how brilliant Top of the Pops could be but also how a piece of archive can speak to us down the years. I can’t imagine what other piece of TOTP from the early 70s would be as extraordinary a find.”

The four-minute clip of David Bowie and The Spiders from Mars performing live will be shown in full. It shows Bowie and the band in full ‘glam’ outfits, with Bowie also playing the harmonica. The Jean Genie was originally released as a single in November 1972 and eventually peaked at No. 2 in the UK singles charts. The Jean Genie was the opening track of Bowie's 1973 album, Aladdin Sane, and was written in New York City. The title, according to Bowie, was a loose pun on Jean Genet, the provocative French writer.

Other artists featured in the 90-minute Top of the Pops Christmas Special include Slade, Wham, Pet Shop Boys, Coldplay and Adele.

Top of the Pops Christmas Special, BBC Two, Wednesday 21 December 2011, 7.30pm.

KA

"Bowie singing The Jean Genie is electric and the kind of piece of archive that not only brings back how brilliant Top of the Pops could be but also how a piece of archive can speak to us down the years."

Mark Cooper, executive producer of Top of the Pops 2

BBC - Media Centre

halloweenduke

MessagePosté le: Ven 23 Déc - 07:35 (2011)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

Bon deja 2 jours que Jean Genie a été diffusée, et toujours rien sur le dos de la mule...

RedSails

MessagePosté le: Mer 4 Jan - 22:03 (2012)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

Le monde de la mode sur les traces de David Bowie : photos du mannequin Daphne Guiness dans le magazine Vogue Allemagne de janvier 2012 :
http://www.vogue.de/mode/mode-news/modestrecke-rebel-rebel

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Sam 7 Jan - 12:25 (2012)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

David Bowie Trivia
How well do you know your Bowie?

David Bowie onstage in 1973. Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images

To commemorate the Thin White Duke's 65th birthday, we've assembled a trivia quiz that
covers the varied eras of Bowie's career -- from the Space Oddity years to the rise and fall of
Ziggy Stardust, all the way up to his latest role as a rock recluse. How many questions can
you answer?

ROLLINGTONE.SOM

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Sam 7 Jan - 12:43 (2012)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

halloweenduke

MessagePosté le: Sam 7 Jan - 18:31 (2012)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

moi j ai fait

You scored
14 out of 16
Nice score. Your Bowie knowledge is hunky dory.

LUNAMAGIC UNBATABLE;;;fopr ever and ever !!!

halloweenduke

MessagePosté le: Sam 7 Jan - 18:32 (2012)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

PS quand je vois la photo de 2003 sur le test, je me demande si on le verra un jour relever la jambe en l'air comme ça....

Warszawa

MessagePosté le: Sam 7 Jan - 21:05 (2012)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

David Bowie prepares to celebrate his 65th birthday away from the limelight
Jan 7 2012 By Barbara McMahon

BROWSING the shelves in the fashionable McNally Jackson book store in New York’s SoHo, a man in a grey overcoat and flat cap barely merits a glance from other shoppers.

A regular customer at one of the few independent book stores left in the city, where he mostly buys books on art, the man exchanges a few pleasantries with the staff before buying, on this occasion, a couple of DVDs.

Then he ducks back out to the busy Manhattan streets and disappears anonymously into the crowds.

Hardly anyone has noticed that the man with the computer bag slung casually over his shoulder is David Bowie, the godfather of glam rock and one of the most enigmatic of rock ’n’ roll legends – and that’s exactly how he likes it.

For the elder statesman of rock, who tomorrow turns 65 and officially becomes a pensioner, has retired from the limelight and is content to live the quiet life as a husband and father.

It is thought Bowie – real name David Robert Jones – has not written a new song in nine years.

“He’s no longer interested,” says a friend. “His days are very sedate. He reads a lot, he watches movies, he paints. He picks up his daughter from school most days and has a great air of contentment.

“He has nothing to prove and living a normal, functioning life for the first time is – to him – very exotic and attractive.

“Nobody worked and played harder than David. He feels he’s earned the right to do exactly as he pleases.”

Last month, lost footage of Bowie performing The Jean Genie on Top Of The Pops resurfaced after 38 years. The flame-red cockatoo haircut, androgynous good looks and outlandish stage outfits still stun, even in these days of Lady Gaga.

Dreary 70s Britain was shocked and seduced by this alien life form, a south London boy desperate for fame.

Articulate and with a dry sense of humour, Bowie knew how to create a stir.

Desperate to knock Mick Jagger off his pedestal as Britain’s baddest bad boy at the time, Bowie declared: “I think Jagger would be astounded and amazed if he realised that, to many people, he is not a sex symbol but a mother image.”

Miaow. The two later became friends – but were fiercely competitive.

Bowie now looks back on his eager youth with amusement – although he has kept every single costume from those wild days.

When he found the superstardom he craved via his outlandish stage persona Ziggy Stardust, it proved a bitter fruit.

Drink, drugs. Girls, boys. Bowie enjoyed excess all areas. As he switched characters in a bid to stay one step ahead – Major Tom, Halloween Jack, The Thin White Duke – he became addicted to cocaine for a decade, followed by a descent into alcoholism.

All the time, he maintained a ferocious work ethic and produced classic after classic from Ziggy Stardust to Aladdin Sane, to Station To Station to Low to Scary Monsters. He also wrote famous glam rock anthem All The Young Dudes, which became a hit for Mott the Hoople in 1972.

Creativity spilled out of him well into his 50s, when suddenly the years of running to stay still, coupled with the toll on his health from drink and drug abuse, caused a dramatic about turn. A happy marriage to Ethiopian-born supermodel Iman, and a daughter Lexi, now 11, made him rethink.

“People forget how hard David worked,” recalls the friend.

“He was always ambitious and had many failures before Ziggy gave him the breakthrough.

“He then worked like a dog for 30 years, so he feels very comfortable to take his foot off the gas. There’s no great secret agony or fear of failure that has led to this. He finds the ‘reclusive rocker’ tag very amusing.”

Home for Bowie is a £5million penthouse in Lower Manhattan, where Iman watched the 9/11 attacks in horror while her husband was working up state.

According to a local property mag, they have spent a small fortune decorating the massive apartment, which has terraces, wood burning fireplaces and 26ft high
ceilings.

“He’s gone for an old English look, with hunter green and suede and leather and dark wood panelling,” said a source. “It’s the last thing I would have expected of him.”

He also has a retreat in the Catskill mountains, a two-hour drive from Manhattan. A decade ago, the couple spent £750,000 on a 64-acre property in a secluded part of the country near the one-time music mecca of Woodstock.

The hideaway has sweeping vistas, acres of woods, and offers complete solitude for a reclusive rock star.

Bowie’s transformation from rock alien to stay-at-home dad followed a heart attack while performing in the German town of Scheessel in 2004.

He had been on the road for two years promoting his last studio album Reality and the treadmill of constant travelling, and two-and-a-half hour shows each night proved mentally as well as physically demanding.

“He thought ‘what the f*** am I doing?’” explains the friend. “He had the money. He’d done the fame. And everything he loved – Iman and Lexi – was back home in New York. So he quit.”

While he champions new bands such as Arcade Fire and TV On The Radio and enjoys classical concerts at New York’s Lincoln Center, music is no longer a critical part of his life. His first public piece of
creative activity in a decade will be in October when he publishes Bowie Object, a typically quirky project.

He has chosen 100 significant objects from his life which will be photographed and accompanied by his text on why they were an influence. A Bowiesque twist on the autobiography concept.

The one-time pupil of Bromley Technical School where, as a teenager, he studied art and graphic design, Bowie is a generous, informed patron of the arts. He has a much-admired collection of 20th century British art and keeps a keen eye on up and coming artists.

Theatre, one of his first loves and an inspiration for so many of his rock characters, remains central to his life.

He is also obsessed with photographing New York’s fast-disappearing industrial buildings and was a keen supporter of the group who saved the city’s High Line elevated railway line, now an urban park.

Anxious to keep a low profile, Bowie rarely goes to red carpet events.

But he is a supportive husband to his wife, who has her own hugely successful skincare and clothing brand. Their last public appearance together was in April at a charity benefit dinner.

Apart from occasional meals at discreet restaurants such as Indochine and Babbo, they stay at home. Since his heart problems, he has cut back on fried food – he misses a good fry-up in the mornings – but still wolfs down his wife’s shepherd’s pie.

He is an enthusiastic dad, helping his daughter with her homework and jamming with her on the piano and drums in their apartment. He met Iman in 1990 after being fixed up by their mutual hairdresser.

Bowie says it was love at first sight. “I was naming the children the night we met...” he later recalled.

They were married two years later and their eagerly awaited daughter Alexandria Zahra Jones, shortened to Lexi, came along in 2000. Marriage to Iman has calmed Bowie. He’s become, in his own words, “a clean machine” and now abstains from drugs, alcohol and his once ever present cigarettes.

The offers still come in to his office on West 57th Street every day. But his long-time business manager Bill Zysblat and personal assistant Coco Schwab are under instruction not to pass them on.

“He likes being normal,” adds the friend. “The offers have been eye-watering on the money front, but it’s never been just about the money with David. He stays up to date with the latest art and fashion trends, but has no desire right now to get back in the swim.”

At this stage in his life, Bowie says he gets a buzz by spending time with his family and by being relatively anonymous on the streets of New York.

“People here are decent about interactions with well-knowns,” he told New York magazine a few years ago. “I get the occasional ‘Yo Bowie’ but that’s it.”

The Man Who Fell To Earth is relaxing in his Golden Years.

Source: Daily Record http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/showbiz/2012/01/07/david-bowie-prepares-to-cel…

Désolée pour la mise en page un peu pénible à lire, il vaut sans doute mieux aller lire sur le site du journal!

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Sam 7 Jan - 23:21 (2012)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

David Bowie

I'm still stalking Bowie at 65, he played the soundtrack of my youth
by Mark Radcliffe, Broadcaster and Author, Sunday Mirror 8/01/2012

Bowie at 65. Where does the time go? Can it be that my childhood, and indeed adulthood, idol is a pensioner?

For me, it all began with Top of the Pops. I guess I was just waiting for Pan’s People really. And suddenly, without warning, everything changed. There he was performing Starman and it felt like I was witnessing something from another galaxy.

I’d never heard, or indeed seen, anyone remotely like Bowie before and yet though he seemed so otherworldly, it was the first music I remember that seemed to speak directly to me.

Within seconds it was clear that here was the soundtrack of my youth. The Beatles and The Stones and Dylan and Zeppelin were all great but were regarded by me and my mates as something handed down to us by parents or elder siblings.

Bowie was ours and it was love at first sight.

The first time I went to see him in concert was in 1973. It was at the Manchester Hardrock, a long defunct venue now re-modelled as a branch of B&Q next to Lancashire County Cricket Ground where, nearly 30 years later in 2002, I would introduce David on stage at a rain-lashed festival.

That a Bolton boy from the front stalls should eventually come to know the actual Ziggy Stardust personally blows my mind to this day.

I’ve met him a few times and I can tell you he is the most charming company. Compact, slender and always effortlessly stylish, his sense of humour is playful and slightly disarming.

So great are his artistic achievements you expect to meet a serious and intense man. It was a shock to discover that he prefers any interview or broadcast to be a larky affair.

When he came on my Radio One afternoon show before that Old Trafford show, he killed time in my scruffy office giggling over the Viz Annual. Unbelievable. Here was the creator of Ziggy, Hunky Dory and Aladdin Sane sniggering over the exploits of The Fat Slags.

But the most incredible meeting was later that year, backstage at Hammersmith Odeon where many years before he had sensationally killed off his Ziggy Stardust character.

I had been invited to introduce him live on stage and he asked me into his dressing room to ask my opinion on that night’s greatest hits setlist. I was close to having an out of body experience.

Here was my idol, the man who fell to Earth, the Thin White Duke, soliciting an opinion from the Lancashire lad who paid £1.25 to stand in awe and wonder in front of the Hardrock stage where B&Q now display vinyl flooring. How had that happened?

There are countless records that I have come to love deeply, but the Bowie classics remain ever precious, ever close to my heart. If I was forced to take just five LP’s to a desert island (or perhaps on a mission to see if there really is Life on Mars) then two of them would be Ziggy Stardust and Hunky Dory.

But there are so many other works of genius: the folk whimsy of Space Oddity and subsequent acid rock of The Man Who Sold The World, where you can hear glam rock being born.

Aladdin Sane is still thrillingly brash, Station to Station croon-some yet mysterious, Young Americans convincingly soulful. And that’s before he hooks up with Brian Eno and re-invents himself, and pop music in general, on Low and Heroes.

I once asked him which albums he thought were his best and after thinking for a while he said he was undecided between Diamond Dogs and Lodger. That’s the wonderful thing about his back catalogue. All of us, including David, have our favourites.

Now David is out of the public eye. His heart trouble may have something to do with that but we should not be tempted to pry when he chooses to withdraw.

He has given us so much already... a peerless archive of innovation that still ventures into new areas in the “autumn” of his career with albums like Outside and Earthling.

Even if we never hear from him again he has left us with more than enough. And when I listen to these songs, or see him in all his glam glory on the recently unearthed Top of the Pops clip swaggering through Jean Genie, I’m back to being that impressionable teenager.

He was the closest thing I’ve ever had to a hero. And not just for one day. For a lifetime.

All the young dudes are older now. This wide-eyed boy from Bolton is 53 and the Starman is 65. It’s been a fantastic voyage.

Happy birthday David.

Mirror.co.uk

cm

MessagePosté le: Dim 8 Jan - 00:54 (2012)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

Dernière édition par cm le Dim 1 Sep - 08:29 (2013); édité 1 fois
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 06:46 (2016)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page: <  1, 2, 312, 13, 14148, 149, 150  >
Page 13 sur 150

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation