Manofmusic Index du Forum

Manofmusic
Espace consacré à David Bowie et à la Culture sous toutes ses formes

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie
Aller à la page: <  1, 2, 35, 6, 7148, 149, 150  >

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Dim 4 Sep - 02:16 (2011)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

cm a écrit:
Le Journal El Pais consacre dans son édition d'aujourd'hui 3 septembre une pleine page au e-book de l'illustrateur Andrew Kolb indiquant que l'auteur des illustrations avait reçu un e-mail de ( EMI ? ) lui sommant de payer les droits d'auteur pour le texte de Bowie utilisé dans l'édition qui était téléchargeable . L'auteur a depuis pixelisé le texte sur son site internet et le livre e-book en pdf n'est plus téléchargeable !

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Dim 4 Sep - 02:16 (2011)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Aladdinsane_Dodo

MessagePosté le: Mer 7 Sep - 18:49 (2011)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust image to dominate Prahran apartments

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/david-bowies-ziggy-stardust-imag…

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mer 7 Sep - 19:07 (2011)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

PETER FRAMPTON
David Bowie Changed My Life!

Here's a fun fact -- Peter Frampton and David Bowie went to grade school together back in the U.K. ... and last night at LAX, Frampton told us 10-year-old Bowie introduced him to the music of an American rock icon who changed his life!!!

Here's a hint -- The mystery artist also had a major impact on The Beatles, Bob Dylan ... and Weezer.

Ooo wee ooo.

TMZ.com

cm

MessagePosté le: Jeu 8 Sep - 13:47 (2011)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

Dernière édition par cm le Dim 1 Sep - 08:20 (2013); édité 1 fois
Nightflight
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Jeu 8 Sep - 18:17 (2011)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

Très mauvais... mais bon... il y a quand même Gail Ann Dorsey à la basse !!!
Faut bien gagner sa croûte.
C'était hier à Canal +

http://www.canalplus.fr/c-divertissement/pid3303-c-le-live-du-grand-journal…

"I want to live"

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Dim 11 Sep - 14:40 (2011)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

Nile Rodgers: Let’s dance

...I was now planting my freak flat in the ’80s art scene, and The Continental was one of the artiest spots of them all. As my pupils adjusted to the club’s dim light, I noticed something strange enough to catch my eye, even in this den of weirdness: David Bowie was sitting at the back bar, all by himself. He was quietly sipping orange juice. Compared to the rest of us he looked laid back and only mildly interested. His artist’s brain was taking it all in. I studied him for a while. I wasn’t intimidated — at this point I’d worked with Diana Ross, clubbed with Andy Warhol, and sold millions of my own records .

I walked over and sat next to him and just started talking. Before I knew it, we’d spiralled into a passionate conversation about music. “Damn,” I said, “I had no idea you were so into jazz.” “Nile, I grew up in England,” he replied. “We don’t separate the music on the radio by race or genres.” We were like old friends sitting in someone’s living room. I gave him my phone number and we met again. “I’m wondering what it would be like to do a record together,” he said. Bingo. I’d been thinking the same thing. I felt I’d found a kindred artistic spirit.

David’s independent spirit was infectious. I was in heaven. A new liberator had entered my life. Bowie’s history, innovation, artistic brilliance and white-English-rocker status bestowed upon me a freedom that was almost unimaginable. He respected what I thought. Our musical relationship developed rapidly. David asked me to work on some demos in Switzerland, where he lived part of the time. A few weeks later, I touched down in Geneva. David picked me up at the airport in a slick Volvo model that wasn’t available in the States. As we zipped along the icy roads, David confided in me “I’m legally blind in one eye,” or something to that effect. We arrived in one piece at his beautiful Swiss chalet in Lausanne and immediately started the next level of preproduction on the album that would later be called Let’s Dance.

The single Let’s Dance was, as David described it, “a postmodern homage to the Isley Brothers’ Twist and Shout”. The minute we finished off the trumpet solo I knew we were in new territory. I was free to allow cats to improvise — on a pop single! I’d played in bands like this before, but we could never get a record deal; the labels always changed their mind when they saw we were black. We cut the song in one or two takes and it set the tone. The song was going to be a major hit, and we all knew it.

Bowie’s bravery seemed to come from being clear-headed and sober. His day-to-day appearance was natty but unassuming. I noticed a tattoo on his lower leg. He said: “It’s the Serenity Prayer in Japanese. It’s how I remember to stay sober.” I thought to myself, wow, he has to be seriously committed to that concept to have it inked on his body for the rest of his life. So, out of respect, I changed my behaviour around him — as best I could.

The Sunday Times

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Dim 11 Sep - 14:50 (2011)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

From Woody Allen to the philharmonic, NYC arts world commemorates Sept. 11 on 10th anniversary

“Music After,” a 15-hour-long concert featuring performances by New York musicians including Philip Glass, Steve Reich, David Bowie, David Byrne, Lou Reed, Laurie Anderson and Elliot Carter, will be held for free in SoHo. The Wordless Music Orchestra will perform at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and will be streamed live on npr.org and wqxr.org.

Washington Post

Artistas de NY conmemoran el 9/11

Hoy se realizará el concierto "Music After", de 15 horas de duración, con músicos de Nueva York que incluirá a Philip Glass, Steve Reich, David Byrne, Lou Reed, Laurie Anderson, Elliot Carter y el neoyorquino honorario David Bowie. El concierto será gratuito y será en SoHo. La Orquesta Wordless Music se presentará en el Museo Metropolitano de Arte y el concierto se transmitirá en vivo por internet en la página npr.org y en wqxr.org.

La Opinión

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Dim 11 Sep - 15:16 (2011)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

Bowie apparait sur la setlist publiée sur le site Music After :

Raymonde

MessagePosté le: Mar 13 Sep - 19:56 (2011)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

Alors, il a joué ? Y'a des preuves ?... 

Replay

MessagePosté le: Mar 13 Sep - 20:59 (2011)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

Fake je pense. Un de plus ...

Aladdinsane_Dodo

MessagePosté le: Mer 14 Sep - 11:25 (2011)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

je ne pense pas qu'il a joué car les "performers" sont à droite Wink

Raymonde

MessagePosté le: Mer 14 Sep - 16:49 (2011)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

Aaaaaaaaah c'est donc ça !...
Confused

RedSails

MessagePosté le: Lun 19 Sep - 15:26 (2011)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

" Et si David Bowie avait tout simplement décidé d'être le premier chanteur de rock à refuser le déclin et à
préférer l'ombre à la lumière ? "

http://www.lefigaro.fr/musique/2011/09/19/03006-20110919ARTFIG00461-bowie-l…

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mar 20 Sep - 08:31 (2011)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

David Bowie et son épouse Iman, en 2005, à New York. Crédits photo : Khayat Nicolas/Abaca

Bowie, le grand absent
Par Olivier Nuc Publié le 19/09/2011 à 12:56

Alors que les Rolling Stones laissent planer les rumeurs conernant une nouvelle tournée, de son côté, l'interprète de Space Oddity reste silencieux. Et si le sexagénaire avait simplement décidé de se retirer de la course sur la pointe des pieds?

Des photos des quatre Rolling Stones sortant d'une réunion professionnelle à Londres ont récemment attiré l'attention. Alors que le groupe célébrera ses cinquante ans d'existence en 2012, ses membres seraient-ils en train de préparer secrètement une énième tournée des stades? Nul ne serait étonné que Mick Jagger et Keith Richards enterrent la hache de guerre afin de réactiver la machine. À 69 ans, Paul McCartney continue quant à lui de multiplier les projets: il assistera cette semaine, à New York, à la première représentation du ballet pour lequel il a composé une musique originale. En revanche, il y a un monstre sacré du rock anglais sur lequel personne n'ose plus miser: David Bowie. Depuis les problèmes de santé qui lui ont fait annuler plusieurs dates de concert en 2004, la superstar n'a que très rarement remis les pieds sur scène, sinon en invité spécial, avec David Gilmour ou Arcade Fire. Depuis l'album Reality, en 2003, Bowie n'a en outre publié aucune chanson nouvelle. Le plus frappant dans ce silence est qu'il n'a été précédé d'aucune déclaration fracassante. Du coup, moult rumeurs se sont mises à circuler, concernant la santé du sexagénaire. Et si David Bowie avait simplement décidé de se retirer de la course sur la pointe des pieds? Peut-être a-t-il eu l'honnêteté de penser qu'il n'avait rien de plus à apporter à un legs artistique colossal, s'étalant sur près de quarante ans de production ininterrompue? Cela serait donc si audacieux, à l'heure où chacun communique en temps réel? Et si cet homme qui a si bien su utiliser les médias à son avantage s'était appliqué à refuser le besoin d'ultracommunication prôné par les réseaux sociaux? Cela ne manquerait pas de piquant et serait tout à son honneur. Après avoir veillé avec un soin maniaque sur ses différentes transformations, Bowie n'a pas daigné mettre en scène la plus spectaculaire de celles-ci, qui l'a vu passer du statut de musicien célèbre à celui de père de famille sans histoire. C'est peut-être ce que lui reprochent les amateurs de scandale, plus prompts à colporter des ragots qu'à dire la vérité. La récente publication, en Grande-Bretagne, d'une anthologie d'interviews et de chroniques vient rappeler son omniprésence pendant quatre décennies. Et si David Bowie avait tout simplement décidé d'être le premier chanteur de rock à refuser le déclin et à préférer l'ombre à la lumière?

Le Figaro

lunamagic
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mar 20 Sep - 16:23 (2011)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Répondre en citant

This Day in Music Spotlight: David Bowie Finds Fame

September 20, 1975

Michael Wright

No one has ever accused David Bowie of being predictable. In his career leading up to 1975, he had gone from white-boy blues to psychedelic pop to hard rock to glam. It was in glam, of course, that Bowie reached stratospheric heights, particularly in conjunction with his alter ego, Ziggy Stardust. With Ziggy, Bowie combined theatrical spectacle with searing guitar driven pop and launched an entire movement in style and music. The predictable move would have been to continue on that course and milk Ziggy for all he was worth. But this was David Bowie.

The music of African American artists — blues, soul, R&B — had always held an allure for Bowie, but he moved away from much of it in the ’60s, in part, because everyone else was doing it…and the last thing Bowie wanted was to be one of the faceless many. But in the ’70s, soul music had gotten such a sparkling production upgrade, it was hard not to be moved when shimmering horns and funked-out guitar hit the turntable. Bowie, sensing that he’d flown as high as he could with Ziggy, chose funk and soul as his parachute. He began working R&B classics like “Knock on Wood” into his live set. And toward the end of 1974, he hunkered down in Philadelphia to record his new album, Young Americans.

The Young Americans sessions were remarkably fruitful, if a bit sporadic. Though they dragged out from August into the New Year, they yielded several fresh, interesting and downright danceable tracks, the title song being foremost among them. In January 1975, Bowie decamped to New York City to finish off the record at Electric Lady Studios. Joining Bowie was his band, which included his longtime session guitarist Carlos Alomar, and a guest, whom Bowie had met the previous year.

David Bowie had met John Lennon at a party thrown by social butterfly Elizabeth Taylor. Although Lennon had been a hero of Bowie’s for years, the two were able to speak on equal footing and very quickly became friends. When John accepted Bowie’s invitation to stop by the studio, the band was in the middle of trying to reinterpret a funky track that had a great lick, but had somehow fallen a bit flat on the last tour. The song was a cover of the old Flairs hit, “Foot Stompin’.” Alomar had played around with the riff enough to give it a character of its own. As Alomar later told the Examiner:

“David liked my guitar line when we did that song on tour, but felt that the song went nowhere. So we sliced it and were in the process of putting it back together another way. As I had to overdub my guitar parts, I was deep in thought concerning the outcome and what I would layer onto the tracks.

“When Bowie arrived, he informed me that Lennon was to arrive later on and maybe he would like to play on the tracks. So I started thinking about my first overdub. Lennon appeared about 10 minutes later, jovial, outgoing and excited. He heard what I was doing and commented on how much he like it and how funky it was. David encouraged him to lay an acoustic guitar track down and he did. After that, David asked if I wanted to go out with them to get something to eat. As I had much work ahead of me and my possible overdubs were still fresh in my head, I decided to decline their invitation and remain in the studio. To my delight, when David returned he loved all the guitar overdubs. He recorded a guitar line and the song was completed.”

After Bowie listened to the tracks, Alomar says he made an interesting discovery:

“When we finished the ‘Foot stompin’’/‘Fame’ tracks and David had to start his vocals, we all kept hearing this strange sound. After isolating the track we found that when John recorded his acoustic guitar part, it seemed that he liked to rest his chin on the guitar and breathe loudly. David mentioned how it sounded like he was saying ‘fame.’ I countered that it was just heavy breathing. But his insistence that John was saying ‘fame,’ led him to go home and write the famous lyric which later became ‘Fame.’”

Alomar’s recollection may be a bit off. The session only lasted a day and Lennon actually contributed backing vocals. But the combination of Alomar’s riff, Lennon’s title and indelible pastiches, and Bowie’s sonic vision and lyrics made for one killer track. When it was released in the summer of 1975, “Fame” went where no other Bowie track had ever gone — to #1 on the Billboard charts (on this very date). Alomar and Lennon received co-writer credits, and Bowie went on to successfully reinvent himself…yet again.

Gibson.com

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 06:46 (2016)    Sujet du message: J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manofmusic Index du Forum -> David Bowie -> J'ai entendu un truc sur David Bowie Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page: <  1, 2, 35, 6, 7148, 149, 150  >
Page 6 sur 150

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation